Recent content by Monty23

1. Monty23

Justin Reed Racing DF Goblin

I highly suggest using corrugated PTFE in the fuel tank for the fuel pump to the hat to guarantee no rubber swelling issues as I have had in the past, especially if running e85. I even used Gates submersible 30R10 and still had issues with it failing (typically tears at the worm clamp). How...
  2. Monty23

Sneak Peek - Goblin V2

Edit: How long until the V2 Goblin prototype is produced? Is there any active progress being made with real parts?
  3. Monty23

Sneak Peek - Goblin V2

Well you’ll just have to watch my build to find out how the 07k does in this chassis ;) . I’ll be purchasing this new v2 as soon as it’s released for purchase. And the stock me7 ecu has plenty of reflash options if you want to keep it cheap and use a stock ecu and harness, including with a turbo.
  4. Monty23

Sneak Peek - Goblin V2

Make and model - VW Jetta/Rabbit/Passat with the 07K 5-cylinder engine Year available - MK5 and MK6 - 2005-2014 [ BGP/BGQ/BPR/BPS: Volkswagen Jetta (2005–2007), Volkswagen New Beetle (2006–2011), Volkswagen Rabbit (Golf Mk5) (2006–2007). CBT/CBU: Volkswagen Beetle (A5) (2012–2014), Volkswagen...
  5. Monty23

Sneak Peek - Goblin V2

This is getting off-topic, but I completely agree and would prefer an AWD setup. However, the common and abundant AWD vehicles are front-engine. You can't just mount the powertrain 180 degrees and spin the wheels backward. DF would have to come up with a front-engine concept to use the available...
  6. Monty23

Sneak Peek - Goblin V2

I also think the GTI is an excellent choice for a donor and I prefer that the engine bay "could" accommodate many of the common engine/trans swaps with confirmation from DF. However, the downside is that the overall vehicle will be bigger and heavier to ensure the largest possible powertrain...
  7. Monty23

Sneak Peek - Goblin V2

I am pretty excited about this V2 chassis. I was planning to put the 5-cylinder VW 07K engine with mid-size turbo of course (Group B rally car sounds do it for me) in a v1 goblin with a VW 02M 6-speed transmission, but this new chassis excites me even more. I wasn't a huge fan of the rear look...
  8. Monty23

2001 Audi S4 Compound Turbo Build

And it fits!!! Time to do the cold side Ceramic coated the hot side part Heat-wrapped them with Heatshield Products material Ready to go back in Inlet filter plumbing She's done: Racemotive Event:
  9. Monty23

2001 Audi S4 Compound Turbo Build

Hi all, My name is Justin. This is my first post in this forum and I plan to have many related to my Goblin project that will be quite unique from the standard powertrain perspective. I am a gearhead-racer-adrenaline junkie at heart and a family guy and mechanical engineer by day. I have owned...