full race rims and tires

redline

we just ran our first autox with the tires this weekend. only problem is that it rained saturday (we still ran them) and on sunday it was 47* F so getting them to fire up only happened on my last 2 runs or so. now with that said, OMG this thing can turn violently. I was .5 seconds behind fastest car of the day which is a guy in a full modded vet that took 4th at nationals last year. He drove to MS from TN to run our event. I was averaging a 1 - 1.5 seconds decrease every lap as I got comfortable and we made adjustments on the car.

I made my first adjustments which was to soften the rear. I am on 4 clicks off of full soft, plan on working on from end next year. tire pressure was 12lbs in front (no rolling) and 14 lbs in rear. can't wait to see what happens on a 90* day.

redline

Update, my season is getting extended one more event (weather permitting) We will be traveling to Birmingham AL to run the road course at an SCCA event. We were given some suspension to test out and this is the best way to get real timed data. So fat the suspension seems to be a game changer as I have put the sticky's on and thrashed a local abandoned parking lot. the rear is soft enough to roll and actually set the suspension in the rear which seems to let the tire actually flex the side wall a little. It does feel looser but it also seems to stick much better with the controlled (roll in) vs the stiffer setup. Also ordered camber bolts for the rear as now we can roll the tire. Going for 2.5 * neg if we can get that much. might stay at 1.5 * in the front for now since I do not get any real rolling in the front.

RouteAbel

Update, my season is getting extended one more event (weather permitting) We will be traveling to Birmingham AL to run the road course at an SCCA event. We were given some suspension to test out and this is the best way to get real timed data. So fat the suspension seems to be a game changer as I have put the sticky's on and thrashed a local abandoned parking lot. the rear is soft enough to roll and actually set the suspension in the rear which seems to let the tire actually flex the side wall a little. It does feel looser but it also seems to stick much better with the controlled (roll in) vs the stiffer setup. Also ordered camber bolts for the rear as now we can roll the tire. Going for 2.5 * neg if we can get that much. might stay at 1.5 * in the front for now since I do not get any real rolling in the front.
Now that you've had them a while, how do you like them?