Anyone need any parts/kits picked up?

askiles

Goblin Guru
Hey guys...so Adam just let me know this morning that my chassis (#140) should be on the table for welding by the end of today. Meaning, I will be picking up my kit soon. I am thinking the first weekend of May. My question is, does anyone need anything picked up from DF that is in AZ, NM, TX, or CA?? Or any other states who may be willing to come grab it from me... LOL I am planning on flying out and renting a U-Haul for the trip back. If needed, I can get the big one. Would just be asking for some help on the gas/rental a bit. If anyone needs any help in this arena, lemme know. Shoot me a message. Thanks!!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Andy,
Don't have me kit ordered yet, have been waiting on confirmation of the F40 frame mod to available to order.
Good luck with the trip, drive safe.
Tim

deuc224

dADamn if i knew this I would have ordered my kit and paid for the rental. I wonder could they have it ready that fast, i think they are on number 153 on orders.

askiles

Goblin Guru
I am chassis #140, just now being welded out. I am thinking unfortunately not. You're probably 6-8 weeks at least after order.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I still need stage 3, but I don’t think I’ll be ready by May. You are more than welcome to stop by here on your way if you want to collaborate and talk about the build. I’m right off the freeway just north of Tucson. I’m currently out of town on business but I’ll be back on the 23rd if thats not too late.

askiles

Goblin Guru
I still need stage 3, but I don’t think I’ll be ready by May. You are more than welcome to stop by here on your way if you want to collaborate and talk about the build. I’m right off the freeway just north of Tucson. I’m currently out of town on business but I’ll be back on the 23rd if thats not too late.
Got it. Bummer. Would have been perfect timing.

I am not sure which route I will be coming back, may come from the north.

Christopher Sanchez

I was thinking of ordering an engine cover from DF here pretty soon. I am not sure of the shipping costs since it is just one piece I know the hood would have cost me a fortune to be shipped. I live in carlsbad NM so depending on shipping costs and the route you are going to take it may work out.

askiles

Goblin Guru
I was thinking of ordering an engine cover from DF here pretty soon. I am not sure of the shipping costs since it is just one piece I know the hood would have cost me a fortune to be shipped. I live in carlsbad NM so depending on shipping costs and the route you are going to take it may work out.
Cool just let me know. I donthink thr engine cover is probably next to nothing to ship though.

Christopher Sanchez

Yea just heard from Adam and the engine cover is $77 for shipping. Not worth rerouting your drive over. Not to mention you’ll want to avoid 62/180 and 285 near Carlsbad at all costs. I work in the local ER here and they are both dubbed “death highway” since the recent oil boom.

askiles

Goblin Guru
Yea just heard from Adam and the engine cover is $77 for shipping. Not worth rerouting your drive over. Not to mention you’ll want to avoid 62/180 and 285 near Carlsbad at all costs. I work in the local ER here and they are both dubbed “death highway” since the recent oil boom.
Good to know! Thanks for the tip.

askiles

Goblin Guru
I am flying out to Dallas on Saturday May 4th and driving back to AZ that day. If anyone either in AZ or surrounding states needs anything picked up, let me know.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I take it you’re planning to fly in and then grab a uhaul? Good strategy. I think I will I will do the same for my stage 3.

askiles

Goblin Guru
I take it you’re planning to fly in and then grab a uhaul? Good strategy. I think I will I will do the same for my stage 3.
Yes sir. I could easily drive from AZ, pick up the kit, then drive back, but that sounds like a lot of wasted time. Lol. Flying out, renting a truck, and driving one way sounds much, much better. Luckily I just have to do this once, I paid for everything at one time so I would just have to do it once.