Custom Wraps

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Our previous build had a custom wrap from https://www.racinggraphics.com. I'm not affiliated with them, just had a good experience. When I was getting quotes from local sign and wrap companies, I was seeing quotes from $900-$1200! I understand they will do a better job and install it and everything, but I was getting horrible service from them. One waited two months to even get back with me and want to start the design!!! So I decided to see if I can do it myself. I have experience putting on window tint and large vinyl signs in the past and this was more difficult, but with the right tools, help, and knowledge, it's very doable!

The new design is much like the old but changing a few things on the side to make it blend better. I'll post photos once we have it installed.

But man is it hard to beat this price!! This doesn't show the $25 upfront cost to start the custom design.

deuc224

Chad, did you wrap it yourself? If so was it hard? Also do you mind if i copy ur light set up? What lights and brackets are those? Love that look.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Kaleb and I did apply the wrap. It was frustrating at first but we found heat works very well and we got better while doing it.

The lights are Rigid Dually series. Using floods for low beams and spots for the high beams. Lows angled low and spots higher. The brackets are custom brackets we made. I can provide more details of them when I get home.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Here is a link to the headlights. I cut two pieces of 1" solid square stock (left over from the heat exchanger mounting) and pinned and bolted them together to make the mount.

deuc224

That is some creative stuff right there. Im gonna have to come up with something like that. Beautiful work man.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
How did you guys design the art work?
I worked with Caleb, their design artist. I gave him photos of samples that we liked and told him a little bit about what we wanted and he drafted up a proof and sent it to us. We worked back and forth a couple of times to get what we wanted. I could have sat down and designed it from scratch but wanted someone more artistic to create it. The more hours he has to put in it, the more it will cost in the end. The second version was less expensive because most of the work was done already and we just fine-tuned it.

Get some ideas together, find some photos that express those ideas and he should be able to work from there.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Even if you take one of their pre designed ones they can change the colors
I'm sure you can. It's easier for them to use a design that is already created and modify it. That is unless they don't have the original design layers, etc. anymore and just have the flat file. It would be considered a custom wrap. Contact them and let us know what you find out.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
We'll I just reached out to them and paid the 25 bucks for some estimates, hopefully I have as good of an experience as you have. I think i am going to go with something like this....It should look pretty interesting on the kit car.

Capture.PNG

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Caleb should have the dimensions I'm using for the hood and sides (also in my post of the invoice). The hood will have to be two pieces because of the size of it.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Caleb should have the dimensions I'm using for the hood and sides (also in my post of the invoice). The hood will have to be two pieces because of the size of it.
Yep, Thanks for giving the dimensions. I actually book marked the link a while back but this post helped me pull the trigger. Those dimensions are what I gave them in the comments. Thanks!!!

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I wanted to follow up on this thread and provide my experience with Racinggraphics.com, which I think is a department of "SignsToYou" based from the shipping.

A local company here was willing to provide a similar service but for about $730. It included install, design fee to get started was $250 which would have went toward the $730.

Caleb, from racing graphics was pretty helpful. I sent him the same images from above and he designed the wrap based off those. He provided me a smaller proof then a larger one right before ordering.

I started the conversation with Caleb March 27th. It took a moment for them respond / get the proof together. I ordered the wrap on April 9, shipped April 10, arrived April 12. I did choose rush order, which means they must ship it out the next day. Only $10 dollars more, for a total of $178 + the $25 fee up front. The wrap material was some type of 3M and it had diamond like backing that helped to release the bubbles as it was applied.

I have completed the sides already. I installed the graphics wrap on the outside and folded over the edges about 1-2 cm. Then used a black wrap from Amazon 60"x60" for $35. Branded Vvivid it also had air release backing. I used a razor to cut around the edges. When the wrap is off the car, you can see where the wrap is folded, but since that part is attached to the bar of the goblin, you will never see / tell at all. I did the side panels on the kitchen table. There were a couple parts that it would have been helpful with another person with the first side, but after I figured out what I was doing the 2nd side was half the time.

I used this small kit to install it from Amazon as well. HERE

Overall I am pretty happy. I am thinking I am going to take the hood to a graphic to a shop near my house and see how much they'll charge. I do think it would be a bit trickier. I dont have any friends close by that would really be able to lend a hand.

Last edited:

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Good to know it went well for you. This is something that not everyone will want to tackle (goonzsquad). It is positively a two-person job and requires some knowledge of applying adhesive/film.

I was hoping to do our hood this weekend if Kaleb comes home.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I am wanting graphic design students to design a wrap for my Goblin, and I need some measurements of the body panels (Since I don't have Stage 3 yet).
What is the dimensions of A,B,C,D & E?
Is any of my other measurements wrong? (I was guessing on most of these)
What is the dimensions of the overlap between the side panels and the fiberglass hood?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Two weeks ago, I had a perfect full-sized pattern of the hood that would have been very easy to measure. I will see if I can get the measurements for you tomorrow.