Insurance choices.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Well, AIG processed the request but I have to send them some documentation, including four pictures of the goblin from all sides, a picture of my garage, my insurance information for my daily drivers...then they'll put it one step further. Still 250 a year.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I sent an email. Waiting to hear back
Note. This company specifically teams up with Geico and possibly some others. so if you have Geico you need to tell them that they werent able to get you the policy that you want (which is true they only wanted to give me liability) and they'll proceed with your quote. otherwise they will just say you have one of their team members insurances.

Tony

Those with AMIG, how are you getting such a low premium? I haven't talked to anyone, just using the online app, but it's giving me a price over $1k/yr, with fairly low liability limits and 1000 collision deductible.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Those with AMIG, how are you getting such a low premium? I haven't talked to anyone, just using the online app, but it's giving me a price over $1k/yr, with fairly low liability limits and 1000 collision deductible.
No idea why yours would be so high. Mine was a 15k evaluation. Full coverage.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Insurance rates depend on where you live (dense traffic, more accidents), your age, your driving record, how much you drive, and the car. You really can't compare rates unless you have the all the risk factors.

Christopher Sanchez

what online app are you using? I went to AIG website It did not have an option for an online quote so i sent an email and apparently the site i went to was for life/property insurance?? It does vaguely mention auto on the website but apparently what ever service i inquired about was for multi millionaires and sadly i do not qualify :( ???

Christopher Sanchez

Thank you for the link. My concern about collector car insurance is that I have read articles about how claims have been denied cause people drove the car to the store or a restaurant and that is not covered under this type of insurance.. I got a quote for 270 per year from heacock insurance, and even though I opted for 3000 miles per year and stated that I may occasionally drive the car to work. One of the requirements are that you must agree to is that the car is primarily used for car clubs, shows and parades... does anybody have experience with this first hand?

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
So back in January at the World Of Wheels show in Pittsburgh. I spoke with a Hagerty agent about insurance on the Goblin. Showed photos and all and had a decent ballpark quote by the time I walked away. That ended abruptly today after I contacted her again. See the quote below.

"Hi Ron,

After reviewing the pictures of your DF Goblin kit car Hagerty said they cannot insure this type of vehicle. It doesn't fit in their guidelines of insuring classic collector vehicles. They don't feel it holds any collector value.

Thank you for inquiring. "

The last sentence kills me!

Christopher Sanchez

Good to know I have actually been talking to hagerty. Guess I’ll need to look elsewhere. I still have liability through progressive for now

Christopher Sanchez

I will be, I just got my inspection done Wednesday and had to leave town for work. I’m hoping to get some miles on it this weekend!
Good to hear that! Maybe I should call them up, just going through the mobile app it was 3-400 per month No recent accidents or traffic tickets..

Iowaspeed

Good to hear that! Maybe I should call them up, just going through the mobile app it was 3-400 per month No recent accidents or traffic tickets..
I have two tickets in the last 3 years and mine is ~$115 a month and if I had a clean record it was like $85
They have a home build section that I got mine through