LaunchPad & OldB1's technology demonstrator -09 SS donar- #109

LaunchPad

Has anyone talked to goblin HQ lately? i have a bunch of parts on order and requested our MSO via email and called over a dozen times. It goes straight to Lonnie's voice mail- and i left one message- no need to go overkill. lol It's been all less than even crickets. i am going to try one more time today on the phone.

Another question I am supposed to track down an answer to involves the liquid side of the intercooler to the heat exchanger. We did receive the two PVC pipes with 5/8 shark bite fittings. the heat exchanger and intercooler have 3/4 outlets. has anyone gone to 3/4 to 5/8 elbow adaptors rather than trying to make those pipes properly seal up? from what OLDB1 and I have read on the forum leaking is pretty common issue and we think that 3/4 hose going to 5/8 fitting would be a major contributor to the leaks. since we are having to source most of our parts "Alacarte" we were planning on being consistent in size front to rear.

LaunchPad

we have a few 3/4 fittings and some what appear to be aluminum fittings- but the white tube that goes in the tunnel is 5/8

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
we have a few 3/4 fittings and some what appear to be aluminum fittings- but the white tube that goes in the tunnel is 5/8
The hose fits on the barb, but the rigid pipe doesn't fit the hose very well, correct?

As I was told, you just have to make sure they are really tight on there. I had the same issue and thoughts.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
The hose fits on the barb, but the rigid pipe doesn't fit the hose very well, correct?

As I was told, you just have to make sure they are really tight on there. I had the same issue and thoughts.
I didn't use the white tubes from DF, I ran some other heater hose as to avoid the leaking issue that many others reported.

LaunchPad

I ordered the steering rack limiter on 2/2. Emailed them on 2/28 and was told they're "waiting on a part". Nothing since.
Sorry man. I did manage to get ahold of Lisa in the front office the other day. I was so surprised that she picked up I forgot half the questions I needed to ask. but she said she is currently the only office worker so if she gets up to go to the warehouse or on one line then it goes to voicemail. I suppose the short story is persistent with calls and specific if you need a call back but don't leave lots of voice mails because one should be enough for voicemails.

one question in particular- I should probably call back about soonest is regarding those fancy struts. . . one of the jam nuts (middle one) had defective threads and massage it as much we might it will barely start on the strut body but certainly not go to the place it needs to be. I am not impressed so far with this particular brand of strut- since machining tolerances of both the nuts and barrels must be out of spec. Being what it is though I need to buy another jam nut- from somewhere. . . I have not gotten any feedback from the email I sent requesting input.

my parking brake kit also went into the waiting for parts category. apparently those 10-inch discs were in short supply- since we never got the rear discs with our estate sale parts, we kind of need them either way. this isn't looking too good to be done by the meet up on the 16th! oy!