LaunchPad's Super Stalker

LaunchPad

Ladies and Gents! Typically, since starting our Goblin project OldB1 and I dedicate our Wednesdays to working on it but this last Wednesday we took it off so I could wrap up the remounting of body panels for the Super Stalker and get it to a show on Sunday. the car was posted on some other threads here in unpainted. . . . but NOW. . . After a lot of work here is the car with its paint.
20230916_192239.jpg
20230916_192230.jpg
20230916_192210.jpg
20230916_192150.jpg

There are still a few items to go: the hood SCOOP will be wrapped in black with "92" inside a transparent circle race style and a 92 will be put on each side. The paint is still "curing" and there was not time to generate the files for my vinyl cutter. The side mirrors need replaced because the mirror glass is delaminated om the back sides. I need to 3d print a clamp for the center mirror to grab the top of the windshield because it is quite wobbly. the head lights will and mounts will be changed out for more "Cat-like" projector lights lower and to the front of the front suspension. But all that can wait until winter because my specialty car insurance says i only have til 1 Oct to drive it. :)

Last edited:

LaunchPad

I am going to give a HUGE shout out and public THANK YOU to forum member Dale E for all the help and advice he gave me over the cooling issues I was having and the last-minute radiator replacement/conversion.

Thank you, Dale! i would not have made the show again this year without your help!

Last edited:

LaunchPad

Here is me at the show. I think I recall the announcer saying there we over 400 cars registered. This is an annual show in Nebraska City, Nebraska during their "Apple Jack's" festival.

OldB1 had to come bail me out because driving the car for the longest trip (29 miles) I have made in it to date we found the bolts that I missed Loctite on. the adapter from the transmission to shifter knob came loose right as I pull to the final stop sign to enter the show. Pretty humbling experience to have folks push me into my parking place while I mashed the clutch!! I was kind of stuck in second gear until he showed up with some tools.

It didn't help I parked next to a cranky old hater with a primer covered mustang missing door handles, interior and marker lights that told me he hated foreign cars and mine was the ugliest he had ever seen.

OldB1 was very unimpressed and had some words of his own about the folks (sadly greater majority of the cars) like the guy here across the street from me posting his window sticker- AND having trailered his car. . . .

i say to each their own cause at the end of the awards ceremony the announcer waived a picture of MY car over his head and said it was the one he most wanted to drive ANYWHERE.

Attachments

Last edited:

LaunchPad

I never was a fan of the "dune buggy" style headlights so i whipped up something a bit more fitting to the stalker look while waiting on goblin parts. what ya all think?

i ran into a few issues. . . apparently i had the hood open sooooo darn long that it warped the shape of the fiberglass so now it is not sitting right on the frame rails- so a fix to that needs to be handled really soon. Also, I used trailer marker lights for my front turn signals - turns out over the road trucks WHITE is the ground. soooo i had to re-wire that circuit TWICE. And as you can see the car is still waiting for my "Stalker" decals and wrap for the hood.