New Daily Driver

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
So after the debacle of snapping the output shaft of the SRT grand cherokee, I was kind of put off and decided that it was time to change it up. New job, new daily driver.

2018 Audi SQ5. So far I am in love with everything about the car. It's right up my alley as far as all of the tech it offers, power (so far) and comfort. S-sport package. Air ride, 21" wheels, Bang & Olufsen stereo. Still learning how to work it, but definitely happy with it! Oh, yes it rolls out!!

IMG_5862.jpg
IMG_5864.jpg
IMG_5865.jpg

16958472980165492053759437325933.jpg

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Nice. Wife drives a regular Q5. Fun car. We took it to Colorado once. I set the cruise at 100 for a little while, just to say I did (On a closed course). We rode around in a friends SQ7 a while back. **** that was nice. but that’s some big bucks. o_O

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
You and my buddy would get along well. Fun car…..needs a tune. Daily driver….. needs a tune. family truckster……..needs a tune. Rc car……needs a tune :D

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Not everything needs a tune lol I am having fun with the new cars though. The back up driver 2009 A4 is bone stock with 56k, down to the paper air filter and it will stay that way. Its healthy, happy and only requires basic maintenance.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
SQ5 - 034motorsport claims 431hp and 567tq on this stage1 ECU tune, bundled with the stage1 TCU tune this thing has become an absolute riot. All the turbo noises, brakeboost launching, upshift burps, downshift burbles. I want to upgrade to the stage2 TCU file, but I will have to wait a little while.
We tuned my wife's Q5 through Integrated Engineering, 034 didn't have a 2.0t tune for a 2019 yet. IE claims 314hp and 396tq which is an extra 97hp and 176tq over the stock 248bhp and 274tq. She drives almost an hour one way to work and noticed the gains on the first trip. Im pleased with the low and mid range on the Q5, small turbo doesn't pull hard real hard up top though. Give and take I suppose.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
For commuter driving the low to mid range torque is what makes the drive the most fun. This is the RPM range where street driving is performed. Much disappointment if this is lost to get the top end HP higher - usually results in turbo lag. :)