Redlines - 2008 SS TC Goblin build in Mississippi

redline

looking for how the rear of the clutch line connects at the transmission. also any routing of the trans cables would be nice.

redline

Hmm! I don't have those brackets or that block. that must be why I can't figure it out. lol

what about the clutch line to transmission?

thank you for the help.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the early model reservoirs e.g. Waterdriver's '05 donor are different than the later models. If you take a look a look at the link in post #101, it will answer all your questions about how the reservoir and relocation parts go together. :)

For the clutch line, you take the o rings off your old lines and put them on the new lines. They plug right in and are held in place with the existing retainer clips.

redline

Thanks Briann, I missed the photo link the first time.

Well I got all the way up to the part where you turn the key and nothing happens. fuel pump runs and I have good pressure but nothing else. gauge says Power Steering??? and the starter doesn't even click. guess I'll deal with that in the morning. logged in another 8 good hours of work today! i'll post progress pics tomorrow I'm beat.

Thank all of you that have been helping me with issues as they pop up. responses have been amazing.

redline

ok, its a fresh day and I have been thinking. I know scary right. I don't have any of the turbo piping yet so the maf sensor is not installed. I imagine that would make it run like crap, but it should still try to start correct?

I am kind of at a loss where to get started on this thing. I wish I would have downloaded the tune before taking the car apart. Then I could have flashed it and seen if that helped. I am open to any ideas.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Thanks Briann, I missed the photo link the first time.

Well I got all the way up to the part where you turn the key and nothing happens. fuel pump runs and I have good pressure but nothing else. gauge says Power Steering??? and the starter doesn't even click. guess I'll deal with that in the morning. logged in another 8 good hours of work today! i'll post progress pics tomorrow I'm beat.

Thank all of you that have been helping me with issues as they pop up. responses have been amazing.

That is exactly what my car did when my ECM/BCM was locked up from a bad write with HP Tuners. However, we know that isn't what is going on with you. Make sure you have 12VDC going to the BCM from the fuse box. There are two large fuses at the very rear of the fuse box labeled BCM. Also make sure you have a good ground for the BCM. Hopefully you didn't just bolt your grounds down the the powder coated frame.

redline

I have verified 12 volts at the large BCM plug at all 3 locations. I have also verified that the data wires are good from the OBD2 to the Power steering then to the BCM then to the ECU. I do have Power steering showing up when I turn the key on and I noticed that when I plug in the power steering I then get 120 ohms accross the 2 data wires. as soon as I unplug the power steering it is open between them.

Car facts - I drove this thing into the garage and it was running fine???

I have good ground from the pedal box to the Battery and from each of those to the tunnel.

redline

I just put the k frame on the car and it must have made a ground because she just fired up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I was just going to ask if you have a good ground from the engine to the frame. Did you grind off the powder coat on the under side of the engine mount plates before you mounted the engine? If not, you might want to use the large ground cable from the transmission housing bolt to the frame.

redline

Time for some catch-up. Day 3 was Saturday spent 8 hours working on the car. this brings the total up to 12.5 hours.
I got to the point of startup and I had nothing.
IMG_2914.JPG IMG_2915.JPG IMG_2914.JPG IMG_2915.JPG IMG_2918.JPG IMG_2920.JPG