South FL Project - 2024

r2red

Started this weekend.
Donor is a 2005 base.

Couldn't find any reasonably priced TCed donors, so I'll be looking for turbo kits and some incremental upgrades as I go. Will do internals also.

Current plan is to spend Friday nights and Saturdays wrenching.

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Welcome. If you can find a 07 PCM and matching BCM and TCM, so they talk to each other correctly (and ignition switch if its available), you may be able to work around the 05/06 base issue. Also keep in mind the 4T40E/4T45E auto transmission is torque limited to around 220-240 ft.lb. - about 250 HP.

r2red

Hey guys. Thanks for feedback here
I had planned to swap the auto for a manual along with the control modules. I did some lurking on the cobalt forums before I decided to build a goblin.

I got this 05 for free, so I couldn't say no.

also, cost is a factor for me, so this may end up getting a SC in the future. We'll have to see how it all evolves once we're nearer to that stage.

Appreciate you guys.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
The 05-06 have a different crankshaft and camshaft position sensor setup than the 07+ which makes swapping computers more complicated.

And the 4T45e has applications with factory warrantied tunes making 315ft-lb so the auto trans should be fine.

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
Where exactly are you located south Florida? I'm at the east coast. FYI I have an engine, ECU, BCM,... with finished goblin harness for sale.

r2red

Where exactly are you located south Florida? I'm at the east coast. FYI I have an engine, ECU, BCM,... with finished goblin harness for sale.
Hi Mike, thanks for your comment.
I'm in Cape coral.

I've got the the components covered. Thanks for offering them up tho!

r2red

Started this weekend.
Donor is a 2005 base.

Couldn't find any reasonably priced TCed donors, so I'll be looking for turbo kits and some incremental upgrades as I go. Will do internals also.

Current plan is to spend Friday nights and Saturdays wrenching.
Stripped and tied.
Scrapper is coming Wednesday.

Chassis #506 ordered.

Starting to putz with the harness this week.
Dreading it

Attachments

Markm

Don’t forget the park brake handle and aluminum tubes if you plan to use those. The wiring for the LS model is not that difficult. I reworked the wife Goblin wiring over the course of about two weeks a little at a time and took roughly 14-16 hours

r2red

Don’t forget the park brake handle and aluminum tubes if you plan to use those. The wiring for the LS model is not that difficult. I reworked the wife Goblin wiring over the course of about two weeks a little at a time and took roughly 14-16 hours
Markm, thanks for the heads up :)
Some kind soul was good enough to make a google doc with a great list of the parts/stuff you'd need to hold on to, and I was referencing that as I went.