Which cars had the M62 supercharger / LSJ Engine? Hunt your supercharger.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Even at wide open throttle, there is vacuum in the intake.
The intake has an air filter, throttle body butterfly, MAF and MAP sensors, fuel injectors, valves, all running thru a tube. It causes resistance when moving a large volume of air. Then if you have boost, add an air pump and intercooler resistance to the intake.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
I re-wired my SCIP sensor to be loggable but my data is not going to be of any use to you. If you were to do it, you could easily quantify supercharger-only pressure ratio.

LLBenJ

Hi all,

I am working my way into the supercharger world. I am checking or local U pull and play / find your part but they have currently no Chevrolet Cobalt SS on the lot.

I believe the M62 is used in many other cars. I can’t really find a list which cars either had the LSJ engine or the M62 supercharger. Is something like that existing?
For example this one https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-supercharger-89018119 its from the Pontiac Grand Prix. Would that fit?

I hope to find a newer low mileage donor to pull a Supercharger from.

Mike
Mike

I'm in the middle of a TVS install and will be posting my M62 up for sale. If interested please PM me. Thanks.

Ben

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
Even at wide open throttle, there is vacuum in the intake.
The intake has an air filter, throttle body butterfly, MAF and MAP sensors, fuel injectors, valves, all running thru a tube. It causes resistance when moving a large volume of air. Then if you have boost, add an air pump and intercooler resistance to the intake.
I was curios to see what air speed and if we have laminar or turbolent air flow in the inlet pipe. First step, air speed calculation. I would say that's for sure turbulent flow, but will calculate that in the next step.
inletairspeedat3in.png

@LLBenJ I started this threat when I was thinking of supercharging my LAP. Meanwhile I swapped the engine and having a LSJ. I am looking for a TVS as well, just to get the air temperatures down.

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
I set up some math parameters and was able to log the same diagram as the M62 Performance map.

If I get a smaller pulley, I think I would move to the north west of the diagram. More SC rpm, More Inlet Air Volume and higher Pressure ratio.

Since for me the peak numbers 1.7-2.0 pressure ratios are the most interesting, I believe I could go with a smaller pulley and not create to much additional heat.