Recent content by Rauq

1. Rauq

Fenix's Goblin #461 - 2010 Base Auto

I don't think it's included for automatic donor kits. The change was to include it on all manual trans donor kits.
  2. Rauq

Grants Full Cage Goblin - '06 LT NA Donor

This is DF's bracket. I believe it should be included with the kit for an NA donor, but I'm speculating because I bought mine separately when I swapped from an F35 to an F23. I got an F35 bracket with my kit which I used for a year before swapping transmissions.
  3. Rauq

Grants Full Cage Goblin - '06 LT NA Donor

Does this help?
  4. Rauq

Kingchuck's (and friends) Street Goblin #435 - 06 LT Manual (Aftermarket Supercharger)

I'm not typically one to point to poor performance alone as an indicator of issues with engine health. In my opinion and experience, there's typically other accompanying symptoms that would point to bad rings, valve stem seals, or a head gasket causing a loss of power. I personally don't do...
  5. Rauq

Kingchuck's (and friends) Street Goblin #435 - 06 LT Manual (Aftermarket Supercharger)

Regarding power issues, not being able to pull in fifth gear seems pretty normal for me assuming you're in the low 200s whp range. Maximum downforce setting on the rear wing probably doesn't help that. You can add power if you want to add a few mph but reducing aero drag is probably an easier...
  6. Rauq

Joe's 2009 F40 SS/TC #470

Per Manley, non-DI shaped pistons work well enough in a DI motor, even with forced induction, if you want to take that into consideration.
  7. Rauq

Is it because there's nothing else attached to the coilover that there's a gap between the spring top hat and the spacer? Even at full droop I don't have a gap there. Sorry if I'm making a fuss for nothing.
  8. Rauq

Something looks off on the top of the coilover assembly: http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/coilover-options.764/post-13095 https://photos.app.goo.gl/aMx82XNptYFiRceaA https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/aftermarket-rear-coilover-strut.258/
  9. Rauq

I don't think I'm being helpful anymore, this is as much my curiosity as anything else now- Did that 2.4 come out of a '12 Malibu? From what I've been able to find the only DI 2.4 Malibu is the mild hybrid, LUK engine. But if the LNF head was run on the 2.4 block, wouldn't that mean they do...
  10. Rauq

If I understand correctly, you have two motors, one is an LNF with a worked over head and a 6758, and the other is an unknown 2.4 with a Z54? Do you have a computer and engine harness for the 2.4 head? Because it's going to be controlled completely differently than the direct injection LNF head...
  11. Rauq

F23 Transmission connectors and line hookup

The breather is the fill plug. The clutch line fitting that I linked goes into the protruding end of the slave cylinder. I don't think this is an F23 trans but I found this picture searching this part number and F23 clutch hydraulics look about the same.
  12. Rauq

My background is working in the manufacturing of transfer cases with gears and chains and clutches, but those units got filled once and were considered "fill for life" like most new transmissions these days. I don't think any break in beyond what you'd normally do for a clutch is necessary. Then...
  13. Rauq

Wow I was totally looking at that wrong... is that light colored plastic plug where the reverse sensor goes? I think it's different than the F35 reverse sensor, at least that's the way I remember that.
  14. Rauq

Matt3458's Daily Goblin - 2006 SS/SC #480

I don't think there's a need to move the speed sensor in comparison to a standard configuration Cobalt wiring setup, but extra length on the MAF leg is nice to have.
  15. Rauq

WTB - Completed Goblin/Southeast Area

I'm in Greer, SC, but there are other Goblins out there closer to Charlotte, for what it's worth.