2009 SS/TC at Copart Denver

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
OMG, the ZZP crew will have to do another video about those evil Goblin builders and how they are ravaging the Cobalt market of all those totaled-never-gonna-drive-again golden SS cars! OH THE HORROR!!! :eek:
Did they really make a video similar to what you’ve described?

snirtman

They all sound like cry babies. Lol:p especially Ryan
Might have been a "heat of the moment" outburst? I've talked to Ryan several times face to face during and after my donor search (ZZP is only about 15 minutes away) and I never got an anti-Goblin vibe from him. I found him very helpful and informative.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
there’s been several reports of issues with zzp staff when they find out it’s a goblin and not a cobalt. Mostly on the programming side.

that video makes me want to buy every ss I can find and cut them up, just because :p

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Eh, the guy on the left (Ryan?) isn't that bad, just doesn't seem to realize that many (even most, perhaps) Goblins are derived from a wreck, or at the very least, a beater.

The guy on the right though .... he's just flat out saying "Goblins are terrible". No context for the comment. No explanation given. No insight into his opinion. They're just terrible. :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
there’s been several reports of issues with zzp staff when they find out it’s a goblin and not a cobalt. Mostly on the programming side.
I did notice that ZZP does charge an extra premium if they are doing tuning in a kit car. I’m not sure what it matters if it’s a Cobalt or Goblin. Isn’t the tune parameters still the same?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I did notice that ZZP does charge an extra premium if they are doing tuning in a kit car. I’m not sure what it matters if it’s a Cobalt or Goblin. Isn’t the tune parameters still the same?
Yes and no. It’s mostly the same and a cobalt tune works fine, but some fine details like low speed or low throttle (cruising) can be set a little different, due to being half the weight, so it will be less twitchy and such. I have run many ”off the shelf” tunes without any major problems, though. Actually, the GM stage 2 setup with the smaller supercharger pulley, larger injectors and a tune, ran the best overall and it was for a cobalt, not a goblin.