boosted questions. (LSJ-T)

newbtrying

Ok... so this goblin is as much a learning experience as it is fun. I have a general question just because I don't understand why things work the way they do. I'll set the scene first; I have an LSJ that I've turbo swapped with ZZP's Z57 turbo kit. In the pics, the green circled line goes to my EVAP system (which is deleted) so I plan on just throwing on a vacuum cap here. The red line goes to the brake booster and hooks into the little circle port on the intake manifold underneath the plate. and the yellow line is below the throttle body and goes back to the turbo to the bypass valve.

I would really appreciate if someone could explain to me how the brake booster can be hooked into the manifold on a boosted system. I get that there is a check valve in line that protects the brake booster from experiencing positive pressure, but if you are just cruising down the highway under boost pressure for a while, when does the brake booster ever experience the negative pressure that it needs to function?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Brake booster works when you let off the throttle and the plate in the throttle body closes causing vacuum.

newbtrying

ah, the perfect answer. simply put and made me question why I didn't understand this on my own. LOL thank you.