Fuel Tank Pressure

Lightepic

I've recently started having an issue where the car is building a lot of pressure in the fuel tank. Enough pressure that it's pushing gas out around the rubber hose that goes from the filler neck to the tank. It even blew a hole in the metal vent tube on the filler neck. I've checked that the vent hoses are clear of obstructions. It takes 15-20 minutes of idling before it becomes an issue. Thoughts on what my issue might be? The car runs and drives fine. I have the plastic tank and the fuel pump is a stock pump for a 2007 SC that's just over a year old.

Sebnuts

The vent has to be clogged somewhere, there would be no way for it to build pressure otherwise.
Make sure the vent line is not kinked. I would also pull it off and make sure the nipple going into the tank is clear etc

Lightepic

That's what I thought. I'll check it again. I pulled it all apart, blew air through it and ran a metal wire through it after I had an issue the first time. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something else obvious. Thanks!

Markm

I was under the impression that the cap would be the only vent. The original cobalt tank is vented through the vapor canister

Sebnuts

If you follow the DF videos, there's a vent in the tank and one in the filler neck that get teed together, then ran down to the under side of the car.

Markm

If you follow the DF videos, there's a vent in the tank and one in the filler neck that get teed together, then ran down to the under side of the car.
You’re correct. I haven’t gotten that far on the wife Goblin yet