Mahkoi's #299. Ext Track. SS Turbo.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
This shows what they were using at one time but I don’t know if they are still using the same thing but without a radiator cap.

Mahkoi

This shows what they were using at one time but I don’t know if they are still using the same thing but without a radiator cap.

Thank you sir. For some reason that didn't come up when I searched the forum. Cap vs. no cap doesn't bother me. I can work with either one.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
I’d give DF a call. Their pricing may be comparable or even better plus getting the exact part. There was an issue with the size of the pins on the bottom changing also so DF can supply the correct plastic bushing.

Mahkoi

Nothing huge for updates. Got the new radiator installed. Don't set a tool on the ground then trip over it while taking the hood off, the front bracket will poke a hole in the radiator. The radiator Gtstorey linked from Amazon works just fine. Installed the brake proportioning kit from DF. That went in super easy, thanks DF for not making me bend/flare brake lines. Someone on the forum said they had theirs set at 4 turns out so I used that as my starting point. Also installed a center rear view mirror. Now I've gotta let the weather warm up a few more degrees and get some good rains to wash the salt off the road and let er rip. Hopefully pothole season isn't too bad this year.....

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Nothing huge for updates. Got the new radiator installed. Don't set a tool on the ground then trip over it while taking the hood off, the front bracket will poke a hole in the radiator. The radiator Gtstorey linked from Amazon works just fine. Installed the brake proportioning kit from DF. That went in super easy, thanks DF for not making me bend/flare brake lines. Someone on the forum said they had theirs set at 4 turns out so I used that as my starting point. Also installed a center rear view mirror. Now I've gotta let the weather warm up a few more degrees and get some good rains to wash the salt off the road and let er rip. Hopefully pothole season isn't too bad this year.....
What are you talking about. I’ve already put 100 miles on mine this year.

Mahkoi

I would probably have put a few on mine by now if I hadn't stabbed the radiator to death. It will get flipped from storage insurance to full coverage this week. It's been a little chilly at 5:30am when i drive to work lately. I'll post a pic when work slaps a ticket sticker on it for it being a "competitive" vehicle in their exclusive parking garages.

snirtman

What rear view mirror did you install?

Mahkoi

I grabbed this one off of Amazon and angled the brackets toward the front of the car so it tucked up tight to the halo. Only thing i dont like about it so far is the massive brand name on the other side of the mirror. So i might paint the other side later on.

Universal UTV Mirrors, Aluminum Alloy Material,2022 New RZR Rear View Mirror for 1.5" to 2" Roll Cage, Adjustable for Best View, Compatible with Polaris RZR,Can Am X3,Kawasaki Mule,Honda Pioneer SXS https://a.co/d/8MRTvq3
20230327_211623.jpg

Last edited:

Mahkoi

Took the car out last night for the first time this year, it's second real drive ever. Ran great and stops spooky fast with the brake proportioning kit installed. I'm at 3 turns off of being as rear biased as possible. Didn't get into a full panic stop but got on them hard and it threw me forward into harness and didn't lock up any wheels. Car felt planted at whatever undisclosed speeds I hit. Only complaint right now is the steering wheel doesn't return to center so I need to recheck my caster angle or possibly my toe is way off but I doubt it with how the car drives. I'll spend the next few weeks driving and playing with suspension until I get it where I like it but overall happy that there doesn't seem to be many issues to work out.

Mahkoi

I ditched the gutted A/C compressor and went to the shorter belt. No real reason other than less moving parts to fail and I was bored since I haven't had great driving weather lately. Autozone p/n in the pics if it helps anyone else out.
20230504_195548.jpg
20230504_195613.jpg

Mahkoi

The goblin made it on the moparinsiders website.
Screenshot_20230629_142245_Chrome.jpg

Mahkoi

Changed up the intercooler plumbing tonight. I'm not sure if I was missing parts from DF or that's how it was supposed to be but I got rid of ace hardware supplied T and cap by the intercooler along with the half dozen hose clamps and switched it over to a reservoir that feeds in by the intake of the pump. There's still a t and half dozen hose clamps but they aren't up top and noticeable anymore. Reservoir is mounted on the passenger side with a homemade bracket and looks a lot cleaner than what was on there.
20230715_212805.jpg
20230715_212759.jpg

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Changed up the intercooler plumbing tonight. I'm not sure if I was missing parts from DF or that's how it was supposed to be but I got rid of ace hardware supplied T and cap by the intercooler along with the half dozen hose clamps and switched it over to a reservoir that feeds in by the intake of the pump. There's still a t and half dozen hose clamps but they aren't up top and noticeable anymore. Reservoir is mounted on the passenger side with a homemade bracket and looks a lot cleaner than what was on there.View attachment 41524View attachment 41525
Where did you get that tank from?

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
What was your "violation"?, Too cool? Too fun? Emblems denoting manufacturer were proved to be "illegible to the naked eye from space"?! Not enough cup holders!? Indecent Exposure of your Eclat? Not enough "Flair"?(re: Office Space) Not a FCA Product? Vehicle was owner serviceable? They didn't know what it was so they figured it was "BAD JUJU", an import or "otherwise hazardous to their peculiar hegemony"? It was "oozing" individuality and that sort of thing is just not allowed, that could influence other stuff and ruin everything! Just Kidding! I feel sure they just objected to the color of the air in your tires. It certainly looks unsafe at any speed.:cool:

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Sometimes security persons are a solution looking for a problem, and if they can't find one they'll pick on something(that appears to be an easy target) until they manufacture a problem.