Problem with rear brake caliper brackets not fitting

IAN#481

Hey! new here. DF #481 a month in on the build and getting close to finishing. I am having an issue with the rear brake caliper adapters supplied by DF fitting the rear caliper brackets of the DF supplied calipers. Attached is a photo of the issue. Do I need to shave down the caliper brackets to fit?? Also a few pics of the progress so far.

Attachments

Markm

I did a search and found what you’re talking about but I’m not sure how to add it in a post like the other guys do. It’s in snirtman build log post #24

IAN#481

Awesome! Thanks. I have a difficult time searching for things on the forum. I figured I was going to have to grid it, kind of disappointing.

Joebob

Goblin Guru
It does look like your front outer tie rods are threaded from the top to the steering arms, they should be from underneath with the larger diameter of the tie rod taper being down. You might have to flip steering arms to the other side.

Joebob

Goblin Guru
Oh and the black rear coil over aluminum brackets go UNDER the steel frame flange.

This makes a great resource:

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
I didn't have to grind on mine and it is an LSJ version also. I did have to play with washer placement to get it just right though.

IAN#481

Oh and the black rear coil over aluminum brackets go UNDER the steel frame flange.

View attachment 43933

This makes a great resource:

I noticed this as well after i had them installed, You think it would cause an issue? potentially a camber issue?