Search results

1. Ross

Grants Full Cage Goblin - '06 LT NA Donor

I doubt it, as looking at your transmission, the mounting bolts are at a different angle.
  2. Ross

Does the other end of the cable (at the shifter) have a shorter distance from the pivot to the mount? Have you adjusted the end of the cables at the shifter? I see you are maxed out here at the transmission.
  3. Ross

I used the Cobalt cable mounts.
  4. Ross

Brake Line Fittings

DF has them on their brake proportioning valve lines... so somebody has to sell them brake line fittings. Late models have the M12 fittings, while early models have the M10, from what I read on the DF Store. Maybe this one? Brake Master Cylinder, M12 x 1mm threads, 3/16 in. Fitting Size
  5. Ross

GM Low Speed Data Wires - Power Steering Issue with Speedo Loss

No don't include ODB port pin #2 in the low speed data bundle. On the LSJ, one dark green wire does not get connected.
  6. Ross

GM Low Speed Data Wires - Power Steering Issue with Speedo Loss

I have 4 wires in my LSJ low speed. You are missing the PCM C1 pin 16. - OBD-II port Pin 1 - Instrument cluster Pin 9 - BCM C2 pin 38 - PCM C1 pin 16 Your 5 are below, but I don't have the BCM C1 connections. BCM C1 #18 BCM C1 #36 BCM C2 #38 DLC (OBD2 port) #1 Instrument Panel #9
  7. Ross

Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

I would have preferred to buy a relay base, but sometimes your own cobbled up engineering and creativity works too. I soldered into the pink wire at C2 to get the PCM to trigger the SC pump's relay, and now the transmission oil pump's relay too. I removed the 12V+ jump post from the rear...
  8. Ross

I couldn't find a relay base for the GM Tyco fuses that the rest of the car has. Online stores all seem to have the relays with the + pattern, not the 4 corners relays. Since I have a dead BMS, I decided to make my own, and cut a fuse base out of the middle of it. I added a fuse holder to the...
  9. Ross

Wiring fuel pump seperate

A relay allows a thick high amperage wire to go straight to the load (fan or fuel pump), and a small low amperage wire to go to a switch or a transistor controller like we have inside the ECM or BCM. Adding a relay is good practice, as it reduces the amount of copper wire resistance, allows the...
  10. Ross

AllData

Thanks Jonathan. AllData has a search function and color diagrams that makes it a lot nicer than the free service.
  11. Ross

Robinjo #405 Full Cage - 2006 SS/SC Build "Drago"

Were you able to get the rest of the dip stick tube out of the oil pan?
  12. Ross

Power Steering Issue

One goes to the steering assistance motor, so that one only gets power when you pull on the steering wheel when the key is on.
  13. Ross

New Item - Tubular Subframe and Rear Suspension for Manual Goblins

Getting to neutral balance is a main objective. Maybe Randy Pobst didn't realize how rear heavy our goblins are.
  14. Ross

My F35 had a magnet on the drain plug. I have cleaned it twice. I probably should add a magnet to the side of the oil filter.
  15. Ross

LaunchPad & OldB1's technology demonstrator -09 SS donar- #109

I have bought parts from BC Racing, if that is the rear shock that you are needing parts for.
  16. Ross

New Item - Tubular Subframe and Rear Suspension for Manual Goblins

If you are going to fabricate a sway bar mount, do it up front. Randy Pobst was wondering why I setup my goblin with a rear sway bar, as a front sway bar is a better option, or run front and rear sway bars, with the front sway bar as the bigger bar.
  17. Ross

5x114.3 bearing hubs

That wheel speed sensor is used by the automatic braking system, and ABS is not on our goblins, so it isn't needed.
  18. Ross

The drain hole line runs horizontally to the gear pump, so that should always be full of oil. After the pump, the pressurized oil flows up to the upside down filter, then to visual flow indicator, then back to the transmission fill hole. So, no the filter housing isn't lower than the return...
  19. Ross

I am pulling oil from the drain plug hole. I bought Banjo Bolt M18x1.5 with 12mm Hose Barb Fittings as this is the same thread on the drain plug and fill plug. Gear Oil Pump 12VDC Electric Waster Oil Pump $34.96 Banjo Bolt M18x1.5 12mm Banjo Bolt Hose Barb Fittings 13.99 Derale...