15 Gallon fuel tank info

Tinkles

Here is a compressed version of the .step file that I got from the fab shop that built my fuel tank. You will need some sort of CAD to open the .step file.

Why a large fuel tank? Well my reasoning is that I wanted to run an overkill fuel pump assembly and have additional range because I plan on running Ignite Red(E90) race fuel(pump E85 on steroids). You can come up with your own reasons.

The tank is designed to use Radium Engineering's Fuel Cell Surge tank, not the OEM fuel pump assembly. I believe there are other aftermarket fuel pump assemblies that will fit the bolt pattern that Radium uses or you could just erase it and use a new pattern for whatever pump you want to use. The fuel pump area should be big enough to fit any fuel pump assembly you want.

My Goblin build is FAR from a standard build, so I HIGHLY recommend building a mock-up version to test fit into your kit before building the tank. It is a little tricky to fit it into the chassis without the drivetrain installed, so I have my doubts of it being able to be swapped in with the engine and trans in the car.

This is not a direct fit into the chassis. The top angle bar that is used to mount the fuel tank to(that has your chassis number on it) has to be removed and rewelded 3" higher. The factory fuel fill location most likely will not work either. I already had mine moved and will have to move it again, so I do not have 100% confirmation that the stock location will not work. Plus it depends on how much you tweak the tank design to fit your build. Also in my application the stock coolant overflow tank is not usable and will have to be relocated due to the FCST and other fuel system components trying to occupy the same space. My cardboard mock-up version of this tank cleared my mock-up engine with a supercharger intake manifold installed with room to spare. Also the DF supplied fuel tank straps will not work. I picked up some 1.5" wide aluminum flat stock from Lowes to bend into new straps. I can add that to this post once I get them made.

The fab shop I used charged me $1000 for this tank. $400-$500 of that was just for materials.

Also this is the fill level with 15 gallons of water. I measured it by filling used(empty) gallon milk jugs and just counting how many I dumped in. I figure the FCST will displace enough liquid that I feel safe calling it at 15 gallons, but if you use a smaller fuel pump assembly then you might be able to sneak another gallon into it for a total of 16 gallons. Almost double the stock tank size. Which by using the same measurement method I confirmed that the stock DF fuel tank does hold 9 gallons. I do think that this design could be tweaked just enough to add another 3 gallons to it, but I'll leave that up to someone else.

Lastly, do to not being able to guarantee fitment in your chassis this is not something my fab shop is willing to make available to order. Also I am not posting this with the intentions of this being a completed tank for someone else. It is intended to be a starting point for someone else who is interested in a larger fuel tank.

Attachments