Corey's track Goblin #261 LSJ-T swapped 06 Donor G85, Cont.........

Corey

Plugs are fouling more each time I start. I now have black and white smoke after swapping the plugs.

Codes as follows
P0449
P0452
P0463
P2101
P0017
P0141
P0300
P0443
P0449
P0452

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Id suggest looking up the codes and removing the ones from the list that are for evap and other items not actually in use or critical to running. Internet search isn’t always the best for determining all of the details but should slow you to determine which ones matter. You will still have several that are problems.

Desert Sasqwatch

Bigfoot Goblin
0449 - evap system
0452 - evap system
0463 - fuel level sensor A circuit high
2101 - throttle actuator A control motor circuit range
0017 - crankshaft position- cam shaft position correlation
0141 - O2 sensor heater circuit
0300 - random/multiple cylinder misfire
0443 - evap system
0449 - evap system
0452 - evap system

Looks like you have some fuel, throttle, crankshaft/cam and possible ignition coil issues to work thru.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
You try and teach someone to fish…

P0452 may also be a fuel tank pressure sensor code (2010 cobalt service manual) but either way can likely be ignored.
P0141 maybe for o2 sensor two, so might be able to ignore.
P0300 may or may not be multiple cylinders, may just mean that the misfire is bad enough to damage a catalytic converter.

You can probably also ignore p0463 since it won’t affect the running

That leaves 2101 and 0017 to concentrate on. Worry about 0300 if it still pops after the other 2 are resolved.

Corey

Interesting discovery? Could account for some issues? Thus would have been the exhaust gear.
20230708_111245.jpg

Corey

Changed Head gasket and found bad camshaft sprocket in the process. WOW the up and down of the idle appears to be resolved. No smoke ,yet, but what a difference!

You can see oil dripping at the passenger side tire side, I am having the valve cover powder coated so I didn't install the gasket. Just wanted to see if she would start......it started as easy as my new truck!!! Key bump and starts!

Cross fingers the stall on deceleration is corrected also!

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
MAF doesn't measure boost. MAP measures boost. He has basically a factory layout, unless I'm missing something.
You are correct but wouldn't the flow change on the hot side of the turbo? I am just used to seeing the MAF on the hot side in most builds. I may be mistaken wouldn't be the first time ;)

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Volume of air doesn't change. Air into turbo equals air out. There are reasons why blow through maf is considered better, mostly in relation to a BOV. But the stock system is designed as draw through with recirculating air.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Volume of air doesn't change. Air into turbo equals air out. There are reasons why blow through maf is considered better, mostly in relation to a BOV. But the stock system is designed as draw through with recirculating air.
Learn something new everyday thanks.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Actually, I messed my previous post up. "Volume" of air may change (since it is compressible) but the amount or weight of air doesn't change.

Last edited: