Finance

Kshaw

Has anyone got a loan to build and or purchase a finished Goblin? If so was it the same process for a normal loan/ vehicle loan?

Joebob

Goblin Guru
I would think it would be impossible to get a car load on a kit as there is no title yet or collateral for default. You could be able to get a loan on a titled and registered finished Goblin but would require an adjuster to asses value as there is nothing on the books.

Only way I see it is if you can get an unsecured personal loan but imagine that the rates are not very good on those.

Joe

Dale E

J. J. Best has done some financing on like already titled Lotus Seven type cars. They have it appraised by someone. I don't know what they do now or if they are still in business.

Kshaw

I would think it would be impossible to get a car load on a kit as there is no title yet or collateral for default. You could be able to get a loan on a titled and registered finished Goblin but would require an adjuster to asses value as there is nothing on the books.

Only way I see it is if you can get an unsecured personal loan but imagine that the rates are not very good on those.

Joe
Thanks for the input.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I would say for a Kit your best bet would be a personal loan, I doubt anyone would give you an auto loan on it.

Nuker-

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I would go talk to your bank about it, we can all speculate but they would have the answers for you.

Mattc3366

Light stream only asks if it’s new or used and from a dealer or private sale. It’s an un secured loan so they do not hold the title to the car and they’ve never asked what you bought afterwards.

Tim09gxp

You could also check if your job allows a 401k loan. With how outrageous interest rates are it may be your best bet. My job allows them and you pay yourself back 2% interest