Front splitter installation and reviews

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I want a little different way mounting it. I did the 2 bolts in the back. Then used U bolts and drilled through the front rad support for a third mounting point. Using spacers I can take the hood on and off without removing the splitter. Just needed to “adjust” the allen wrench
IMG_2217.jpeg
IMG_2216.jpeg
IMG_2196.jpeg

devianteng

Currently have mine mounted with 2 1" square U-bolts after the rad support square tube, as well as 2 carriage bolts on the front bar of the radiator mount, using 1/2" spacers. I am planning to do 2 additional bolts in the rear just to keep it solid and not vibrate, but haven't yet. It feels solid as it is, though. Undecided if I will do splitter support rods.

Only drove maybe 3 miles with it so far but made other changes such as dropping to 15" wheels and raising the ride height about an inch, but my front end feels solid and stable. I expected my alignment to be off from other changes, but doesn't appear to be the case.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

gofast

Final install looks good. I forgot to take a picture of the scoop on the bottom for the inner cooler. I installed it facing forward and left the fan as a puller. I’m going to watch my iats and see how they look. View attachment 46422View attachment 46423
I'm confused. The NACA duct is an air inlet for the cooler, right? If the bottom duct is open to the front, it's also an inlet. Where is the outlet for the incoming air? I have the splitter and NACA ducts so I need to get this right in my mind.

RITDR

I'm confused. The NACA duct is an air inlet for the cooler, right? If the bottom duct is open to the front, it's also an inlet. Where is the outlet for the incoming air? I have the splitter and NACA ducts so I need to get this right in my mind.
You will pull air in through the ducts and pass downward through the intercooler. The fan direction will need changed so it pulls air down to the bottom of the car (through the cut-out in the splitter). If you are referring to the hood scoop that was shown, that would be facing the rear of the car, so not really a scoop, but helps direct the air that is moving downward/rearward.

gofast

You will pull air in through the ducts and pass downward through the intercooler. The fan direction will need changed so it pulls air down to the bottom of the car (through the cut-out in the splitter). If you are referring to the hood scoop that was shown, that would be facing the rear of the car, so not really a scoop, but helps direct the air that is moving downward/rearward.
Okay, I'm clear on this. The NACA ducts provide the incoming air and the air exits through the splitter cut out. Thanks.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
They are not hooked up. I’m still running the puller fan on the IC. When running the NACA ducts you are so posed to remove the fan all together. If I see higher IATs I may install the shroud, remove the fan and turn the scoop around

gofast

They are not hooked up. I’m still running the puller fan on the IC. When running the NACA ducts you are so posed to remove the fan all together. If I see higher IATs I may install the shroud, remove the fan and turn the scoop around
It all makes perfect sense now. Thanks

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
It all makes perfect sense now. Thanks
I also “think” by not having the NADA ducts hooked up it helps push the hot air from the back of the radiator out from under the hood when moving. That way there is less heat being pushed by the IC

Murcielago311

Just went for first short drive after the install. The splitter helped WAY more than I thought it would. No more constant small steering corrections to keep my lane. Even over small bumps you can just tell the front end is more planted.

I may take some of the angle out of it, as I only have 3" of ground clearance at the tip of the splitter, but this was well-worth adding. Almost to the point of saying it's a necessity. Thanks all for putting this together and making it happen for us.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Those are mine - I made those from a few parts:

You just need one of these to get the 2 hook ends to use on the tow mounts. Make sure it is the same thread size (parts listed above are M8) as the turnbuckles you order. You'll end up with some spare parts (the open turnbuckle body from the hook one and one jaw end from each of the turnbuckles) after you swap the hooks from the one turnbuckle and replace a jaw end on each of the other 2 turnbuckles.

I had them powder-coated when I had the splitter coated.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
IIRC, the hook one was a hook on one end and an eye bolt end on the other and I just cut a section out of the eye bolt end to make it a hook.

I settled on the M8 size so there was enough length for adjustment - the smaller diameters didn't have much length. The rods are close to maxed out but I just assembled them with a decent number of threads engaged to figure out where to put the holes in the splitter.