Full Floating Race Brakes Group Buy

Justinreed7

I like anything that goes fast
Currently taking orders for full floating race brakes!

Features:

- fits 15 inch wheels
- 40-50lbs of unsprung weight savings depending on your current brake setup
- superior pedal feel and heat dissipation
-11.75x.81 rotors

What’s Included:

- fully assembled 7075 aluminum floating rotors with safety wire
- afco 4 piston calipers
- set of 1600° race pads
- 7075 front spindles (eliminates need for caliper adapter)
- Kevlar/stainless brake lines
- all hardware for installation

****Offered in 4x100, 5x114, and 5x110
Please specify Bolt Pattern and bore size at time of purchase.******

Can be sold as front kits only or full kits. Full kit requires DF rear tubular subframe* rear spindle caliper holes will need to be notch slightly for caliper/rotor fitment.

This kit will have everything you need to bolt them on your Goblin. Proportional valve may be required for bias adjustment

Front kit - $1250 + shipping
Full kit - $1950 + shipping

Please message me or email me at [email protected] to place an order. Lead time will be determined when I see what the demand will be.

Attachments

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Justin, wow that's a very fair price for a full custom performance brake package. Hope you get some takers on this - like the autox crowd - so they can start handing the competition some lower places on the finish roster. ;):D

Ross

Goblin Guru
Justin, wow that's a very fair price for a full custom performance brake package. Hope you get some takers on this - like the autox crowd - so they can start handing the competition some lower places on the finish roster. ;):D
Too late, already ordered them. Thanks Justin for including us in your engineering developments.
10-12 lbs of unsprung weight at each wheel is huge...
Is that even possible? So I found a rear rotor and caliper and put them on the scale. 18.8 pounds.

The front rotor and caliper will be significantly heavier with the vented disk and dual piston caliper.
So, yeah, I guess it is possible... aluminum hats are much lighter than cast iron.
The superior pedal feel and heat dissipation will be great too, although I've never had the opportunity to try floating discs on a car,

Last edited:

Justinreed7

Too late, already ordered them. Thanks Justin for including us in your engineering developments.
10-12 lbs of unsprung weight at each wheel is huge...
Is that even possible? So I found a rear rotor and caliper and put them on the scale. 18.8 pounds.
View attachment 46619

The front rotor and caliper will be significantly heavier with the vented disk and dual piston caliper.
So, yeah, I guess it is possible... aluminum hats are much lighter than cast iron.
The superior pedal feel and heat dissipation will be great too, although I've never had the opportunity to try floating discs,
Front LSJ rotors are 16lbs and front calipers are 14.5 dressed. floating rotors are 9.5lbs and afco calipers are 5lbs. It adds up!

Justinreed7

First batch is sold out with 5 kits rolling out in the coming weeks!
These are still available, although future batches may be just rotors only and I’ll supply a detailed part list to complete the kit and not waste money on shipping. I’ll adjust pricing accordingly for future kits soon.

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
I have an odd question. I don't think it would be necessary, but I like the look of gigantic brake discs. Do you think it would be possible for 17in rims to adjust the design and get larger discs?

Cnixon160

I have an odd question. I don't think it would be necessary, but I like the look of gigantic brake discs. Do you think it would be possible for 17in rims to adjust the design and get larger discs?
The base model brakes will out brake the grip you can generate with 90% of the setups here, the main benefits here are weight and cooling gains, it is likely feasible to do bigger rotors but would require at a minimum different caliper standoffs and likely a different hat set to accommodate a less common larger diameter rotor

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The Cobalt SS Brembo brakes fit inside some 17 inch rims - depends upon backspacing. These should bolt onto the DF front hub uprights (caliper may need some shiming) and is a readily available 'big brake' package that should meet the look you want. The brakes that Justin put together are more specific to fitting inside a 15 inch rim for the track crowd.

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
The Cobalt SS Brembo brakes fit inside some 17 inch rims - depends upon backspacing. These should bolt onto the DF front hub uprights (caliper may need some shiming) and is a readily available 'big brake' package that should meet the look you want. The brakes that Justin put together are more specific to fitting inside a 15 inch rim for the track crowd.
Awesome, I will keep my eyes open for them.