LNF 5th Injector

Sebnuts

Is anyone running the ZZP 5th injector kit on their LNF goblin?
I'm considering picking up one of these for E85 fueling + valve washing and was curious if there were any clearance/other issues with how it mounts to the Evap solenoid port in the intake.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Was looking at too, but for a water/meth injection port. I'm sure it's very doable and would meet the E85 fueling needs without going to the Opel fuel injectors.

Stretch2126

I’m currently trying to put a meth injection kit on my Lnf. My current hurdle is finding a good spot to put the water/meth pump to be under the tank and injector.

Sebnuts

Where are you planning on putting your meth injector?

It seems that ZZP's location is convenient, but maybe not ideal since it's spraying directly into a little bowl as opposed to into the intake air stream.
I started wondering if putting a port into the DF supplied MAP tube might be a better location for us?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I was planning surgery on the intake manifold to remove the EGR mounting 'ledge' and realign the port to remove the 'bowl'. The injector would be pointed toward the head, blowing into the airstream coming from the throttle body. I can take photo when I get home from work.

Stretch2126

Where are you planning on putting your meth injector?

It seems that ZZP's location is convenient, but maybe not ideal since it's spraying directly into a little bowl as opposed to into the intake air stream.
I started wondering if putting a port into the DF supplied MAP tube might be a better location for us?
View attachment 42767
I ordered a mishimoto sandwich bung that you can put into the silicone coupler. Im putting it in the bend up higher so the injector stay higher than my tank. The tank is mounted to the driver side of the engine area where we have a little space. I’ll get a photo later.

Stretch2126

I didn’t forget the photo, my kit was missing pieces and summit wanted me to organize it and send photos of the stuff I did receive. Waiting for customer service to either send me the parts or return it and try somewhere else.

Scott #321

I tapped into the post flow side of the water to air intercooler for mounting of my meth injection. This was to keep the nozzle higher than the tank and pump and remove the chance of siphoning. after a year I have had no issues yet with the port being upstream of the map sensor.

Stretch2126

I tapped into the post flow side of the water to air intercooler for mounting of my meth injection. This was to keep the nozzle higher than the tank and pump and remove the chance of siphoning. after a year I have had no issues yet with the port being upstream of the map sensor.
That’s great idea I didn’t think about that. It’s reassuring that the map sensors would last, I couldn’t find much info on that but figured a light mist would be ok.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I was planning surgery on the intake manifold to remove the EGR mounting 'ledge' and realign the port to remove the 'bowl'. The injector would be pointed toward the head, blowing into the airstream coming from the throttle body. I can take photo when I get home from work.
Close up photos of the EGR 'ledge' and Port into the intake manifold. The port would have to be opened up to get a fuel injector installed into it to have adequate spray patern - even after performing surgery and optimum positioning.
20230915_071736.jpg
20230915_072151.jpg
20230915_071838.jpg

Stretch2126

IMG_2842.jpeg
This is my idea so far. Red dot is where the injector will go. I mounted the tank with three clamps. Two 1-1/4 and one 1 inch

Sebnuts

Just some FYIs regarding the kit ZZP sent me.

The injector supplied was a Siemens Deka, 60LB, EV1, PN: 107961

The controller supplied was an AEM 30-3305
1696814926779.png
The recommended dial settings are 25 for "START" and 100 for "FULL".
This controller has multiple modes for various MAF frequencies and is set via 3 DIP switches. Our LNF MAF is 2kHz-14kHz (per ZZP's supplied instructions), requiring the DIP switches to be set -> ON-OFF-OFF
1696814264478.png

They gave an example of how the MAF chart should be adjusted to compensate for the additional flow from the 5th injector:

ZZP's website description for this product states "We also include a MAF extension harness with the signal wire and injector power wires already soldered in. This saves you time and eliminates the need to splice into any wires or solder any connection."
The image on the website also shows this harness:
1696816336225.png
My kit did not come with the advertised, pre-soldered harness, and instead came with the generic harness that ships with the AEM controller + a fuel injector connector pig tail:
1696816476984.png

I have sent an email to ZZP customer service requesting the advertised harness. I'm guess they ran out of them and didn't want to supply them anymore, but didn't update their description.