LNF Evap Solenoid

Sebnuts

In the DF SS/TC engine prep video, we're instructed to disconnect the evap hose from the solenoid and then disconnect the electrical connector from the solenoid.
Should the hose barb be plugged?
Why did they have us unplug the solenoid, doesn't this disable the LTFT?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Evap has nothing to do with nothing other than saving the spotted whamprat in southern Antarctica or something like that. You’ll need to leave all that connected if you have local emission tests to pass, though. You will need to plug the nipple that should be on or near the intake. I’m not 100% sure where that is on the tc model.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Removing the evap solenoid, vacuum line, and metal bracket. 3rd picture here.

The short and long term fuel trims are memory tables stored in the PCM/ECM memory. The PCM adjusts the vaues in the STFT and LTFT tables based upon whether the narrow band oxygen sensor says the engine is running rich or lean. The data in the STFT and LTFT is used to help calculate how much fuel the injectors are emitting.

Sebnuts

The LNF looks different than yours.
1690689061414.png
I've seen disconnecting the evap solenoid disables LTFT (LNF only) on multiple posts here by OptimizePrime, as well as on some HPTuners forums regarding tuning the MAF tables. Typically it gets plugged back in after you're done tuning, just wasn't sure if that was the protocol on the goblin or not and if there's a downside to running without LTFT.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Yes unplugging evap wiring disables LTFT on LNF.. The reason to disable it is that the LNF LTFT is a very simple routine and is one number applied for all engine conditions,. If you are running a little rich at cruise and idle, it will pull fuel at WOT and might have to try and add it with STFT. I’ve seen some that make sure the LTFT is adding fuel overall if they are running it. I have pretty much had mine disconnected for 2 years.

Goblinfanclub1234

I made a little plate with some aluminum and used RTV.

I deleted the engine codes associated with the evap system in HP tuners before I loaded up the ZZP tune.

Last edited:

Indy Lonnie

Leave it plugged in or you will throw a code. On startup and shut down you will hear it go through a cycle. As for the port, cap it and also use a hose clamp to keep it in place. Once under boost, the vacuum cap will try to escape if not clamped down - ask me how I know.