LNF Valve Cover to Intake Vent

Sebnuts

Any advice on how to hook this valve cover vent to the intake with DF supplied hardware?

1691265990705.png1691266035318.png

The kit came with some 3/8 Nylon tubing that I though maybe was supposed to go there, it's the right size for the barb on the intake tube, but seems too small for the nipple on the valve cover. This is what was on the intake originally, obviously too short to reach the intake barb in it's new location

1691266174415.png

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Make certain to keep the check valve that is in the original hose connection. This will allow air to flow into the valve cover, it should not flow out and into the intake tube - as this air will have oil vapor and it will contaminate the turbo compressor wheel.

Sebnuts

The provided 3/8 tubing feels like a pretty decent fit on the internal o-ring of the check valve, just nothing to lock it in. Electrical tape would probably work but seems pretty buddy... thoughts?

Sebnuts

Yea, I wasn't planning on doing anything custom here and assumed DF provided some kind of solution in the kit, but maybe not.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Since I have not gotten to this point in my build, I would hope someone else who has finished their TC can chime in what they did for the vent/check valve to intake tube?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
You can find fitting like the one needed to come out of the check valve. I think it shows up as a 5/16 or 3/8 GM fuel line connector. I used one that has a 1/4” male npt thread but I’m sure there are probably other ends available. I didn’t use the DF supplied intake tube so mine is different from there, but you could adapt to a barb fitting and use rubber hose from there.

Sebnuts

It is a 3/8" fuel line connector. Got this overnighted from Amazon, it fits the connector on the valve cover and both ends of the check valve. The DF supplied 3/8" OD nylon tubing's ID is too small to fit over the 5/16" barb though, so I'll have to get some 5/16" hose from the parts store.
Maybe someone makes a 3/8" fuel line to 1/4" barb adapter, but I didn't see any on Amazon.

Goblinfanclub1234

rubber vacuum hose and a cheap check valve with barbed ends from amazon. I am upgrading check valve to a Dorman valve, the cheap ones are failing.

Last edited: