Longer wheel Studs

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Curious why the longer studs? Have you tried to fit your wheels and the 'stock' studs in the hubs are not long enough? Or are you planning to use wheel spacers? Are they the plate type that go between the wheel and the face of the hub?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Are you running spacer plates?

I would press out one of the existing ones and order based upon base diameter and desired thread. Lot of mixing of parts to be 100% any other way.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
And don’t forget you can get lug nuts with a longer threaded base if you need a little more thread engagement.

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
My car has already spacer at the rear axle, otherwise the tires would get in contact with the spring. Currently it works, but I would love to have a larger spacer and/or more thread used.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I would probably see if you can get the adapter type spacer vs a plate spacer. Seems to me the better solution.

Dale E

Why do you want to increase the track width on the rear? As @Gtstorey said the adapter is a better option than spacer!! Adapter plates and spacers may cause wheel bearing to wear out quicker. Moving the rear track width out may cause handling issues with front track being narrower.

Some racing rules require so many threads to be showing, so a longer stud is necessary. This also requires an open nut versus a capped one (cosmetically).

When you said you had 0.5 toe before, did you mean caster? I think that is o much toe?

duthehustle93

I have a couple packs of ARP 100-7708 that I haven't installed yet, but ARP offers them in a few different lengths for late model GM. Knurl diameter, length, and thread pitch are correct so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work. I will be installing them when I redrill my hubs.

Regarding adapter vs shim spacer, I've seen more failures of the adapter type, but I've raced in TA and enduro with both styles and haven't had issues with either. I think most failures can be attributed to people not retorquing between the first few stints, and since the wheels need to be removed to retorque an adapter spacer, I think people are more likely to skip this step and that's where failures happen. With a used set of wheels and shim style spacers, the lug nuts don't turn more during the retorque but the adapter styles do turn a bit during the retorque process.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I have a couple packs of ARP 100-7708 that I haven't installed yet, but ARP offers them in a few different lengths for late model GM. Knurl diameter, length, and thread pitch are correct so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work. I will be installing them when I redrill my hubs.
I would be concerned with Knurl Diameter since a lot of the times these are aftermarket parts and occasionally the hole diameter for the studs differ from OEM.