Need help insuring!

trophy1

Any Goblin owners in the Smoky Mountain area, or Cherokee North Carolina area? Ill be up there for two weeks and plan to do some riding.

CCascioli

How did you do it through GEICO. I called and they said no way
I’ll add that I also got turned down by Geico’s classic/collector car division and was told “they don’t insure go-karts” …. It was pretty frustrating trying to argue with them and was told they already reviewed my application and assessed the pictures I sent in and it wasn’t up for debate. I also saw others say they were approved by GEICO so I think it’s just who you happen to talk to that day when you apply. Regardless I ended up getting mine insured through State Farm since NC seems to be blocked through almost every other company for something like this

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Again people, if your preferred insurer tells you "NO!", give Kelsey Bell a call. I discovered Rally Insurance via Google while I was searching for an insurer who would not laugh at me then hang up the phone. Rally can insure in every state except North Carolina that I know of, but I am sure there are other states they are not licensed in.

Kelsey was able to get me a super-reasonable quote in less than 4 hours. All I needed to do was fill out an application, sign a track exclusion form, give her a copy of my daily driver's insurance policy (a state requirement, here in PA), send her four pictures of the completed Goblin (front, back, both sides), and make payment.

My renewal for 2024-2025 was only $361. This covers the declared value of the vehicle ($20,000), with a $1000 deductible, and a limit of 6,000 miles a year.

Give her a call. She may have moved on, I don't know, but Rally definitely still exists and still insures Goblins in most states, at a reasonable cost, with zero hassle.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
You can also check with a local independent insurance agent since they deal with multiple companies and know how to navigate them. They also seem to be more motivated to get a "yes" answer.

Last edited:

LLBenJ

Ark: D....thank you. I'm currently insured through USAA but have reached out to Kelsey for a quote.

Scott #321

I was originaly told no by AM family who insures everything else I have so when I told them I would be switching all my accounts to State farm to get the Goblin insured they were suddenly motivated to find a way to make it happen. Single policy for a vehicle doesn't provide as much incentive for local agent to go the extra mile but combined coverage suddenly they are much more creative in finding a solution. Local agent wound up walking the underwriter through the DF website to explain how it was not a dune buggy to make it happen.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
I was originaly told no by AM family who insures everything else I have so when I told them I would be switching all my accounts to State farm to get the Goblin insured they were suddenly motivated to find a way to make it happen. Single policy for a vehicle doesn't provide as much incentive for local agent to go the extra mile but combined coverage suddenly they are much more creative in finding a solution. Local agent wound up walking the underwriter through the DF website to explain how it was not a dune buggy to make it happen.
GOOD JOB! and funny how the answer is "no" until they discover money is involved and it will be leaving their future and going to someone OTHER than Them!:eek: Congrats, an excellent use of leverage.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Again people, if your preferred insurer tells you "NO!", give Kelsey Bell a call. I discovered Rally Insurance via Google while I was searching for an insurer who would not laugh at me then hang up the phone. Rally can insure in every state except North Carolina that I know of, but I am sure there are other states they are not licensed in.

Kelsey was able to get me a super-reasonable quote in less than 4 hours. All I needed to do was fill out an application, sign a track exclusion form, give her a copy of my daily driver's insurance policy (a state requirement, here in PA), send her four pictures of the completed Goblin (front, back, both sides), and make payment.

My renewal for 2024-2025 was only $361. This covers the declared value of the vehicle ($20,000), with a $1000 deductible, and a limit of 6,000 miles a year.

Give her a call. She may have moved on, I don't know, but Rally definitely still exists and still insures Goblins in most states, at a reasonable cost, with zero hassle.

I've been using them since day one. It's nice when you call her, say you have a Goblin, and she knows exactly what you are talking about.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
To try to help you guys out as much as possible, I wrote to Kelsey this morning, asking for a list of states they are not licensed to insure in. Here is her response, in full:

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. We currently are not able to write Goblins in CA but that is hopefully temporary. Unfortunately, we do not have a timeline on when that will change.

Other states that we are not in are:
SD
ND
SC
NC
HI
AL
Edit ..... pretty sure she meant Alaska here, not Alabama
MA

Thanks,

Kelsey Bell

Last edited: