New Seat Position Options?

neodied

I am fairly certain this selection didn't exist when I ordered my kit:

Does anyone know if this choice affects the seat brackets and/or the frame tube placement? If it is only the brackets, that might make a great retrofit for shorter drivers (not me) or taller drivers who like to be very close to the wheel (me). Also, how much is the fore/aft difference in the position?

Brett

My understating is this is only different seat brackets.

My personal experience is that you want to get the forward position ones unless you are crazy tall. Getting those pedals all the way down can be difficult with the standard position brackets. At least for my 5'9" body it was.

neodied

I'm 6'3" but most of that is torso so I actually would prefer a more forward bracket too. Plus more space behind the seats for stowage, and I will have the quick disconnect steering wheel eventually to mitigate some of the getting in and out difficulty.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I didn't have that option when ordering and didn't realize I had an issue until I installed my seats.

Here is a pic DF sent me showing the difference between the brackets when I called to ask about seat bracket options. I assume they haven't changed these in the past year:

You can see how much closer the front mounting slot is to the frame tube notch on the bracket. Same with the rear mounting holes compared to the rear mount ear.

Last edited:

neodied

I didn't have that option when ordering and didn't realize I had an issue until I installed my seats.

Here is a pic DF sent me showing the difference between the brackets when I called to ask about seat bracket options. I assume they haven't changed these int her past year:

View attachment 42118

You can see how much closer the front mounting slot is to the frame tube notch on the bracket. Same with the rear mounting holes compared to the rear mount ear.
This is exactly what I was hoping to see, thanks! Difference looks like maybe 4". That plus lowering ~1.5" would be my perfect position. I might have to buy these from DF and get a sheet metal guy to trace the shape and lower the mount points in some new brackets. Eventually. Cold Weather Projects™.

Chris_WNC

Cobalt specific Corbeau seat sliders work great in my experience in the goblin.
Can you show how the bracket mounts to the chassis? The online pictures don't show the "hook" that is on most Cobalt brackets. Thanks!
I made my own mounts and they have a little bit of sway side to side. I'm looking at options to take care of that. Either weld on some angle iron to help or go with a whole commercial setup.

CHRIS

Goblinfanclub1234

It actually sits pretty high up I have these 7/16" ID x 3/4" OD x 1" thick stainless steel spacers in there I got from www.extsw.com

You can see I drilled the square tube in the floor to add bolts to keep everything secure. The hooks on the brackets now sit tight against the bottom of the floor pan.

I do not think that the square tube will crush down, but I am going to keep an eye on it.