RC Cars

Metal Mech

Anyone else here play with smaller versions of real cars?
I currently have three.
I have a 1/10 stadium truck that’s a twin to my kids so we can go racing in the back yard.

I have a rock crawler that I started building years ago. Finally getting back to finishing that one. Going with a Land Rover D110 truck body. Still needs a bit of work.

Also have a 1/7th drift/basher. That one is getting a new look. Just needs one of the hubs repaired, some new body clips and a carbon rear spoiler.
There are a lot of other mods I plan to do to it as I have the cash but that’s just what I need to get back on the road

Mahkoi

I have a little 4wd nitro buggy that I ran the crap out of and broke then decided not to fix it. I realized if I got into that hobby I would spend more money than I have so I decided to go the goblin route....I realize now the rc cars may have been the slightly more affordable hobby.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
My buddy started it getting one for his birthday back in January. I had to get one, then the wife and another buddy got one. Oh and Brett here on the forum has one too.
26BF1F21-E107-421D-BA51-0F11A1C4D5B0.jpeg
6B89A804-07B4-4311-B7A8-004B3ABA7D24.jpeg
09900454-1929-4977-87BD-9FFAC0B57579.jpeg

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
I like my HP Micro RS 4 drift car, it literally drifts like a real Audi Quattro. Perfect for the driveway. For the dirt track I have a 2 Team Corally. Punisher and Kronos. One of them has also Street tires. Drove it up and down my street with 70mph and mounted a GoPro On it.

For real racing on the dirt track I have the Tekno EB48. I mostly drive the EB 48 with friends. Would for sure recommend that car, super durable!

Brett

My son (9) got a Traxxas Slash build kit for Christmas in 2022. We built it over a couple of days. Crazy easy build. I wish Traxxas made more build kits than the few they offer.

I have been extremely impressed with the durability of the Slash model. Other than a battery going bad, one broken suspension piece, and blowing up the steering box, the car has been rock solid.

My son likes to take it to skate parks and have fun with it. Here are a few videos of the abuse it has taken. We have visited dozens of skate parks and we haven't been able to 100% kill the car.

The other nice thing about the Traxxas cars is that most of the parts are available from Traxxas and / or RC dealers. Including aftermarket parts that are "better".

Not sure where my kids got their driving skills from.

Brett

https://youtu.be/e9ekv9Fpg7I

P.S. - Please, nobody build an RC car modeled after a Dodge Intrepid....

Metal Mech

I also used to own a boat. Sadly not anymore but I do want a new one eventually

I still have this boat kit but it’s so old and I did a rough job when I started working it I don’t think I will ever get it on the water but will still build it and display it. Just too unique not to.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I've got too many RC's to list and not many pics. I dug up some of the old stuff to work on since the Goblin list is short again and to have something to do over the winter that doesn't require working in the cold garage.

I'll post more pics as I go through everything, but the first one on the list is an old Losi LST/LST2/Aftershock that got added in with an HPI Savage I bought used a long time ago. It has features of each of those so I'm not really sure what it started as.

When I bought it, it started and sort of ran but it wouldn't hold a steady idle and acted like it had a serious air leak. It got shelved and eventually forgotten about as I maintained the kids' vehicle. I tore it apart the other day and found the issue:

What a piston skirt should look like:

What a piston skirt should not look like: