Third brake light

Joebob

Goblin Guru
An amazon generic light (clear or red) and some 1.5" clamps. Put a little 3/4" aluminum angle to inset the light to be in line with the tubing. Brett has a ever so slightly cleaner look with his:

Brocker

Hi Gtstorey. I live in Millbrook, near Montgomery. Did you get your goblin licensed in Alabama? Difficult?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
It took a little while since no one knew what needed to be done. Look in the registration section and I did a write up of the steps.

Last edited:

Goblinfanclub1234

I used that same light and I wired up all 3 wires, but I put the power on a plug so I can turn it off if I want to and only run 3rd brake light.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Did you wire both lamp and brake to power. Or just brake?
If I remember correctly, everything that lights up on the running light power wire also lights up when you put power to the brake light wire. I think I just ran the Goblin harness's third brake light power wire to the brake light wire on this light and heat shrinked up the running light power wire, but I'm not sure on my recollection. Shouldn't make a difference either way.

finazzoty

I’ve only got one light blue wire labeled “third brake light” coming out of the harness. Is this normal? Assuming I just connect that to the power lead on the light, and then run a ground down to somewhere. Correct?

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Correct, but look at the diagram to see what they listed as power. Mine had black as power and white as ground. I think red was the lightly on (running lights). My ground for this was just a self-tapping screw into the bar behind the light.