Tire Decision

Chubbs

I'm also running the Kumho V730's. That's a heck of a deal above!

I've got staggered fitment (255 rear, 225 front, 17" tires). Previous tires were RE71Rs. Compared to the bridgestones, the kumhos seem more temperature sensitve. I ran them earlier in the year at an autoX even where ambient temps were about 50 degrees, and the Kumhos might as well have been roller skates. They were just awful. I know all summer tires struggle when chilled, but these Kumhos were just hard as a brick, and completely worthless at those temps.

Last autox was about 70 degrees, and they were greatly improved. I've not yet had an event in the 90-100 degree range, but I really think they'll thrive in that environment. It doesn't seem like they've gotten warm at all yet, but it's hard to warm tires during a 1:30 autoX lap.

They aren't as loud as I expected given the crazy tread design, but the Goblin is so darn loud I'm not sure I'd notice anyway. I haven't tried them in the wet, and don't intend to. For the price, I think they are decent tires.

I'm not sure how your car is setup, but if you're running a rear sway bar (I am) I really feel like staggered fitment is a must. With the square bridgestone setup, the car was almost undrivable at the limit. Totally unpredictable and tail-happy. It was fun, until it wasn't.