ToothMagician's Full Cage Country Goblin #493 - '06 SS LSJ Turbo donor

ToothMagician

She Lives! Tested voltage in all the wires and everything checked out so I looked at the relay location again, and I had been trying to jump one row of slots too far back...so dumb (@Robinjo you were so close with your 1st suggestion). Well, the engine runs, although it needs some tuning bad. Too much gas, too fast, and boost drops, then the whole thing cuts out. I'll take the victory, though. Gonna wrap up stage I and get both stage II and III as one shipment here soon so I can try and have this thing moving by summer!

newbtrying

You have HP Tuners? I Just wrote my first to my Goblin after ZZP sent me a file. Going to be a few back-and-forths before things are perfect, I'm sure. My LSJ was also running very very rich after my engine mods. Going to fire her up tonight to see how much this first tune helped.

ToothMagician

No HP tuners yet, but I plan on acquiring it when I'm closer to the end of the build. I sent the ECU to ZZP and it made it worse as far as STFT, Rather than send it back, I'd like to DIY it. Let me know how yours turns out. I'm curious to know if you have similar AFR issues. Also, not sure if its related but my emergency flashers started coming on when I turn the engine over, Limp mode?

Rauq

Goblin Guru
If you want to get into tuning, we can give you some pointers. I'm even less of an expert on troubleshooting electrical issues than tuning, though, unfortunately.

ToothMagician

If you want to get into tuning, we can give you some pointers. I'm even less of an expert on troubleshooting electrical issues than tuning, though, unfortunately.
That'd be great, I've dabbled on YT a bit but I still don't fully understand how it works.

Limp/Reduced Power mode doesn't have anything to do with flashers.
Aw dang, it was kind of a long shot, oh well. It started after my ecu came back from ZZP and installed it in the donor, like the rich STFT issue so maybe I can do something about it in the tune? It doesn't go off every time, but sometimes it goes off for like 30 seconds, I can hear the relay clicking on and off just like it did in the donor, thats how I can tell what it is with no lights installed. So maybe it's the relay, but I can't pin point which one it is just on the noise alone. I'm gonna have to turn the ignition and pull them 1 by one until it stops I guess

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
You should be able to feel the relay also, if it isn't one of the integrated relays that controls the hazard lights.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Powdercoater may not want to do it with the ball joint still attached since the amount of grease might contaminate his oven. And won't be good for the ball joint either.

ToothMagician

Polish them but I would recommend replacing the rubber rear bushings with metal ones from Moog or OTTP
View attachment 46325
This is awesome but I don't have the time or patience to get this quality finish
Powdercoater may not want to do it with the ball joint still attached since the amount of grease might contaminate his oven. And won't be good for the ball joint either.
I considered that. I may just spray them with a solid few layers of primer underneath, clear coat on top and hope for the best

ToothMagician

Update: first start

Still undecided on the intercooler and intake setup for now. Also have stage 2 and 3 ordered. I have enough small things to do that it should keep me busy until then though. Been looking for tail light options and ideas. Leaning towards modifying side by side tail lights...Show me what you've got!

Video 20:

Traé

Update: first start

Still undecided on the intercooler and intake setup for now. Also have stage 2 and 3 ordered. I have enough small things to do that it should keep me busy until then though. Been looking for tail light options and ideas. Leaning towards modifying side by side tail lights...Show me what you've got!

Video 20:
I'm still waiting on stage 2 and 3 to arrive as well but I have these, https://a.co/d/2FggnfL, in my cart. They look similar to the rigid brand lights I have seen on a few Goblins but cheaper in price. Ill have to make my own bracket if i go this route but shouldn't be too hard.

Last edited:

ToothMagician

I'm still waiting on stage 2 and 3 to arrive as well but I have these, https://a.co/d/2FggnfL, in my cart. They look similar to the rigid brand lights I have seen on a few Goblins but cheaper in price. Ill have to make my own bracket if i go this route but should be too hard.
Those are cool, I was looking at side by side lights on Amazon and I got the wiring figured out with a relay to add a turn signal. Just gotta pick ones I like and figure out how to mount them since they're clip-ins not bolt-ons. Gonna do a write up probably

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I'm still waiting on stage 2 and 3 to arrive as well but I have these, https://a.co/d/2FggnfL, in my cart. They look similar to the rigid brand lights I have seen on a few Goblins but cheaper in price. Ill have to make my own bracket if i go this route but shouldn't be too hard.
I have these and they have been good. I did wire them to a plug end (that also is on the stock DF lights) so I can swap them out to the stock units when ever I fancy it. Super easy to install and look great at a fraction of the cost for the Rigid units.