ZZP Black Friday Deals

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Hey Guys today ZZP is offering 10% off and I am thinking of purchasing the following and would like opinions based on my current setup. I primarly ride the roads and auto cross on the weekends 4-5x a year. Since the build I have probably 500 miles total with 10 track days.

Current Build:
-Gen 3 block,
-9.5:1 Diamond Pistons
-ARP Studs
-3.1 pulley supercharged pulley.
-e85, #60 injectors
-ZZP Shorty Header
-ARP Head Studs
-Exedy GMK1016 (Thinking its time to upgrade)

Already Purchased (not installed):
-#82 springs/retainers

Thoughts on possible purchase?
-Stage 2 ZZP cams - $585
-#80 Siemens Injectors - $194
-ATI Balancer (out of stock now) - $398
-Clutch Master Kit - $398 or GM Performance Clutch - $350

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
- Stage 2 cams seem like a logical upgrade. You have the LDK turbo so you are talking about the turbo stage 2 cams?
-#80 injectors. Well I am not a fan of Siemens as they are made for a single intake port like on a LS engine.
These guys sell a split spray Bosch injector for the dual intake ports on our engines. They have 10% off too. DISCOUNT CODE: BF2021 expires Sunday at midnight.
870CC = 85 lbs/hour.
The ATI balancer and a new clutch seem like good upgrades too. If the ATI balancer was in stock, I would have bought one today too.

Last edited:

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
- Stage 2 cams seem like a logical upgrade. You have the LDK turbo so you are talking about the turbo stage 2 cams?
-#80 injectors. Well I am not a fan of Siemens as they are made for a single intake port like on a LS engine.
These guys sell a split spray Bosch injector for the dual intake ports on our engines. They have 10% off today too. DISCOUNT CODE: BF2021
870CC = 85 lbs/hour.
Clarification I am Gen 3 block with a LSJ Head Supercharged so I am looking at the Stage 2 cams for LSJ. Do you still suggest the Bosch injectors?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Yes. They are twice the cost, but will work better. Faster response times than the Siemens, which helps with short pulses like at idle. Also better fuel atomization, as it isn't washing the center wall with fuel. I already have bought these injectors for my engine... still collecting parts to do a performance build, so I haven't actually ran these injectors, but from what I have read, they are better. Basically they are made for dual intake ports, while the Siemens are not.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Yes. They are twice the cost, but will work better. Faster response times than the Siemens, which helps with short pulses like at idle. Also better fuel atomization, as it isn't washing the center wall with fuel. I already have bought these injectors for my engine... still collecting parts to do a performance build, so I haven't actually ran these injectors, but from what I have read, they are better. Basically they are made for dual intake ports, while the Siemens are not.
Awesome thanks for the info on the injectors that is what I am going to go with based on this post. I am leaning towards the GM Clutch rated at 300HP as it has a stock feel compared to the Clutchmaster what are your thoughts?

Ross

Goblin Guru
I am running the GMPP clutch, with the stock LSJ engine. It has been solid, but the engine is not pushing it too hard... but I give it driver abuse, and it takes it well. I bought the GM Performance Product clutch with the plan that it will take future engine upgrades. I am running a Quaife differential, and Hoosier A7 slicks, so that is giving the clutch some extra abuse too.

That article on the injectors is also what swayed me to using Bosch split sprays.

Last edited:

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Keep in mind the ATI Damper should be machined to correct clearance on the crank. Most bypass this step as it's a nuisance on top of the cost of the damper itself BUT if you ever want to take the pully off, it's basically required -- I learned this the hard way.

What do you have for rods?

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Keep in mind the ATI Damper should be machined to correct clearance on the crank. Most bypass this step as it's a nuisance on top of the cost of the damper itself BUT if you ever want to take the pully off, it's basically required -- I learned this the hard way.

What do you have for rods?
I am using the stock LSJ rods which are rated for safely 300+. If I plan to introduce a TVS or turbo down the road I will swap them out as I will be pushing closer to 350-375 initially.

my hope with e85, a good tune, and what I have purchased I will be close to 325, thoughts?

Who machines your ATI Dampener?

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
I am using the stock LSJ rods which are rated for safely 300+. If I plan to introduce a TVS or turbo down the road I will swap them out as I will be pushing closer to 350-375 initially.

my hope with e85, a good tune, and what I have purchased I will be close to 325, thoughts?

Who machines your ATI Dampener?
My first dyno pass was 350whp and she was a lot of fun! My second was at 400whp and I felt I needed another 25whp and then gearing from the f23 and i'd be at the sweet spot of controllable yet still fairly nutty. I feel these gobs are really at home between 350-425. If you can pull that on a supercharger and you're able to boost ramp so you don't spin down low that's a really nice setup.

I put the damper in boiled water and used the old crank bolt to force it on, which worked beautifully until I needed to take it off... :(