Search results

1. A

Jeep,Explorer,F150

Just ****! This is "Fish or Cut Bait Day" for that car. Well I hope your vision is rewarded!:cool:
  2. A

Ah. B. Normal: GOB-BALT build has Started!

Now for the news...... We have built the forward rear frame mounts, they use a flat steel plate across the former rear axle swing mount, so they bolt in. Rear rear frame mounts designed, hope to weld it today, then weld that big bar in. Placing the Strut tops then loading a subframe with a dummy...
  3. A

Jeep,Explorer,F150

OOOOh so much Action! It's like I'm right there! Much action here as well. We have built the forward rear frame mounts, they use a flat steel plate across the former rear axle swing mount, so they bolt in. Rear rear frame mounts designed, hope to weld it today, then weld that big bar in. Placing...
  4. A

Jeep,Explorer,F150

SO, tell me if I have this straight; Coyote in the Explorer and the Explorer Windsor 5.0 into the 02 Jeep, both with their "born with" automatics?
  5. A

HAHA, Yeah, all those welds have been ground away. It was the Welding machine dying, we had to get the car to roll so it could sit for the 10 months I was away. Shawn has been welding for 35 years, he did ok for two years on the Alaska Pipeline in the 80's. His new welder, well new since...
  6. A

Fenix's Goblin #461 - 2010 Base Auto

The rotor "redrilling" may be scary to see as the HUB has 5 NEW holes drilled in it for changing the stud spacing BUT the Rotor may appear untouched! The difference is rotors are centered on the hub's large center hole and the 5 lug stud holes just need to be en-longated radially(away from the...
  7. A

Josh's City Goblin - 10 XFE Donor

If you need more rigidity across long flat areas you could glue long 1/2" thick (or what ever the thickness of your pink insulation is)X1" or 2" wide strips of that foam and then glass over them, they will cause excellent stiffening tubes.
  8. A

Dave, I have the cheap cure to your car dream, put a cobalt back together with those bits...

Dave, I have the cheap cure to your car dream, put a cobalt back together with those bits! Bodies are cheap($500-$1200) and I'll help where I can! I am in Greenville, GA. txt me at 678=464=3341 and no! I'm not joking! Look at my project!
  9. A

Time on the lift has solved several mysteries. No, the original fuel tank cannot be reused, bummer. The search for a suitable tank begins. The major item for me is I would like to reuse the original fuel pump and sender, second is I would like a tank +30% larger than the Goblin tank, but...
  10. A

Not my work. Welder blames the welder. Ya kno, “Technical Difficulties”. Wire jamming in the tip, bad grounds and finally out of gas! Ol’ Ray is hell on a piano but this welding gig has him Fluxed!(see what I did there?)o_O BTW, "Let he who has never applied a sea gull poop weld cast the...
  11. A

Front end with no drive train! Here’s the Lump waiting to go back in.
  12. A

These are the rear frame mounts they are to move forward about an inch. They were originally placed by dead reckoning. So a little too far back on my first try now we know precisely where they go!
  13. A

LaunchPad & OldB1's technology demonstrator -09 SS donar- #109

AWW come on, it could happen. Well, Yeah, I wouldn't bet on a Bureaucracy finishing anything quickly that can be put off indefinitely!o_O
  14. A

F23 Transmission connectors and line hookup

Adam should know what the difference(if any)is on a Goblin line and an OEM line. The F35 end is Aluminum with a bleeder and the F23 is plastic with a bleed screw. I believe the appliance sticking out of your trans has a bleed screw the line plugs into that piece, pointing to the right. For...
  15. A

F23 Transmission connectors and line hookup

The electrical connector for the speedo may be different between the F35 and the F23 manuals, if so I believe the same connector is used in the headlight harness for the ambient temp sensor behind the left headlight. (I know for a fact the speed sensor connector for Auto application is very...
  16. A

On the lift we will also be attacking the fact that our original sub frame placement has the wheel base 3/4 of an inch too long.(You will recall I was up against my time limit and had to depart.) Fortunately we built the front mounts off of the removable pivot pocket for the original Cobalt beam...
  17. A

Not that any progress shows, but this is the pile at the moment. Looking at these pix again I realize I may be a hoarder? I blame it on my unrequited childhood Lego Lust, I only saw Lego’s at friend’s houses. I like to build with adequate materials on hand. These two principally share the trait...
  18. A

Ghostknife's #383 Track SS/SC

Squat? Hmmm, when form finally triumphs over function we will all be good looking corpses; and if we're lucky it will only take about 2 weeks. :the Anti-Oscar Wilde
  19. A

Desert Sasqwatch #155 Track (mods) - 08 SS/TC crate LNF F40

I hope the floor in that cubby hole isn't level, it should have a drain at the back(facing front) and a floor angled down (back to front), so the contents don't slide rearward every time you hit the gas! Because you will be stomping that go pedal every chance you get.;)
  20. A

Rain and other chores keeping me busy. Next weeks priority starts with a shredder car, fill it and haul it, which aligns with organization, keeping my shop owner happy. Roll Call: The herd currently is the original Black 06 coupe and a Black 07 coupe. (Both have titles which is worth as much as...