Adjusting Tire Ratio HP Tuner

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I just wanted to be sure before I start changing stuff in my tune, but which one do I adjust to change my speedometer in HP Tuner? The red one, correct? What is the blue one do?

1685986373122.png

baustin

I just set both. The -err is likely what yours should be using since you don't have the ABS tone rings plugged into anything.

I also set the far right cell to the result of (VSS pulses per rev) x (VSS tire revs per mile) = (Pulses per mile)

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I just set both. The -err is likely what yours should be using since you don't have the ABS tone rings plugged into anything.

I also set the far right cell to the result of (VSS pulses per rev) x (VSS tire revs per mile) = (Pulses per mile)
Oh great, it's not as simple as just changing those two cells to 832? I'm not sure how to do the second bit you were taking about.

So to go to my 225-45R17 which has a Revs/mile of 832 I need to change the Pulses per Mile to 85 x 832 = 70,720

baustin

Oh great, it's not as simple as just changing those two cells to 832? I'm not sure how to do the second bit you were taking about.

So to go to my 225-45R17 which has a Revs/mile of 832 I need to change the Pulses per Mile to 85 x 832 = 70,720
You have it right. I meant that both Dist and Dist - err should probably be set equal and then the pulses per mile field should probably be also changed. No idea why the 2 Dist cells should ever be different really and I'm not sure if the speedometer uses the Dist field and runs a calculation or if it only reads the Pulses per mile cell.

I also have 225/45R17 tires. These numbers are based on the spec sheet for the Kuhmo tires I have. My speedometer, GPS dash cam, and road side sheriff "your speed is _____" signs all match when I'm driving.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I think I got 832 off the Toyo site. I'll try both to see which one gets me the closest. Thanks for the help!