Anyone understand Coding? (Digital Dash)

Mattc3366

There’s a lot of smart people on our forum here so here we go. So I’ve been using an app called Realdash on a tablet for my gauge setup. So far I love everything about it. One thing I would like to do is add the ability to monitor IAT2 temps. This would be especially helpful for us with SS donors. There seems to be some sort of coding needed to make this work and it looks like another language to me. Here is a write up on it : https://github.com/janimm/RealDash-extras/blob/master/OBD2/README.md

I have the PID number saved on my phone somewhere and just don’t know how to go about doing this programming. Torque Pro app is able to do this much easier but I think it looks very tacky. Thanks for any help!

jirwin

Goblin Guru
OK I skimmed over it. Very cool stuff. Very customizable. So it seems like there are some configuration XML file(s) that come with it. Namely `realdash_obd2.xml` . Can you attach that here?

Mattc3366

Mine should still be the default code I have not changed anything other than the dash layout that they offer on the app

jirwin

Goblin Guru
I tried downloading the app and messing around. Without having an adapter to mess around myself I'm not sure I can do much. From what I'm reading you may need to have to know the value for each field you care about and upload that channel config. Its probably doable, but without having a working example I'm flying blind. If you can get to the point where you're messing with the XML yourself I can probably help you from there

Mattc3366

i found this, so looking under the realdash_obd2.mxl file. it looks like line 6 is the "start" of the code and 8,9,10,11 are there as a guide and not actual code. so assuming this is the case i can copy line 6,7 and then 12-24 and that would be the first batch of the code?