Blitz's Standard City Frame 07 SS/SC

95Blitz

The car is going to be a what ever car. Autocross, drive it to work, just what ever.

I have had the car for a few months now, but just go the "shop" finished so I could really work on the car. The shop is a 12x24 portable building so I have to think thin thoughts while working sometimes.

Day 1. Got the hood, wipers, cowl grill off, and the pass headlight/bucket.

Day 2. Drivers headlight/bucket, bumper/and bumper cover, A/C condenser, washer fluid bottle, finder liner on driver side.

95Blitz

Yup doing this by myself. Good tip on the dash. I pulled a 94 mustang dash once and only once. That one was heavy also. We will see how it goes, when I get there.

Goblin Graber

Absolute worst part of the tear down
One of the worst parts. The worst to me was getting the gas tank out. If I could go back and do it over again I would get that out while it still had wheels on the front. It was super sketchy wrestling out the tank with the front on the floor and the back on jack stands.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
One of the worst parts. The worst to me was getting the gas tank out. If I could go back and do it over again I would get that out while it still had wheels on the front. It was super sketchy wrestling out the tank with the front on the floor and the back on jack stands.
Sounds like you didn’t have it jacked up enough. I had absolutely no issues pulling that out. Although I had the stands on the rear axle since I didn’t remove that until I cut up the donor

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I was thinking about it to show my kids how serious it is. Then I remembered the Takata recall and second guessed it.
That’s the perfect reason to do it. It’s educational and you get faulty air bags off the road. Just a warning, if you do the pass front airbag, it’s a bit loud. :eek:

95Blitz

No way man I'm not popping those... My plan is to give them to friends so they can have fun with them.
I got a little further than this pictures, carpet is out and a few other things. I'm at a point where I need to decide front suspension and engine or rear suspension a fuel tank. I'm going to weld swivel casters to the frame so I can move it afterwards.

Attachments

95Blitz

So a little work happened today. Removed the rear suspension, fuel tank, E-brake and tubes. I still need to pull the fuel filler neck after that the rear will be done. I started on the front suspension with the drivers side, it wasn't as bad as I was thinking it would be. The picture with the fuel filter, did i screw up by cutting the hard line? The car is ate up with rust and that hard line was bubbling with rust. The release tool wouldn't fit till I scrapped the rust off with a screwdriver, then it still took a hammer to seat the tool.

Attachments

Last edited: