Crashed goblin - text out of the blue

Brett

The label on the side says "Fitment Industries". Looks to be an outfit out of Wisconsin. My guess is the car was out of WI.

Sale is in KY, who knows.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
This link has a 360 button for the photos that lets you use the rotate around the car like you were walking around it, they are full size photos too. The more I look the more it makes me sick.

https://carsfromwest.com/en/lot/copart-69855772-2018-other-motor-cart

I think he lost the rear went backwards into something solid, probably a concrete barrier. Hit the drivers side rear crumpling everything, got ejected from the car, leaving his shoe behind in the process, car continues to spin doing the damage to the front etc.

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Bigfoot Goblin
One concerning thing that really stands out are the all-season tires on this Goblin. As we have expressed many times on the forum, high TW tires and a Goblin are not a good match. I would hate to think these tires somehow contributed to this accident.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I think that was goblin #016.

SUNDAY, APRIL 16, 2023 AT 12 PM – 4 PM
Zack Allyn Memorial Car Show
300 Main St, Mt Vernon, IN
All proceeds go towards Zack’s wife Makayla and their twins Knox and Rhett.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
I reached out to someone and am getting details. He had twin 6 month old boys when he died. There is a fund set up for the boys at a bank in Mt. Vernon.

“The police aren’t sure if something went wrong with the car or if an animal or something came out in front of him. He was alone on a straight stretch of highway on a Sunday morning heading to a trap shoot. He wasn’t speeding because he had passed a cop a mile before the accident that clocked him.”

Ross

Goblin Guru
I texted them, and it is new to us, but months old info at this point.
400 TW tires and a turbo... bad combo. Not that I know these circumstances, but I do know what it is like on a track.

Last edited:

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
“Someone driving by said they saw the car swerving. He hit a tree. My husband thinks maybe something went wrong with the steering but we will never know”