DF Mirrors with Blinkers - Need help

Esstover

So I wired up my drives and passenger side mirrors today. I thought i was doing great. On the passenger side I first just twisted them together, then turned on the key and tested the blinker. It worked perfectly. I did the drives side the same way and I get nothing when i turn the blinker on. BUT when the switch is in Auto or high the light comes on. If I switch the lights off it goes off. I'm not sure if I some how grabbed a wrong wire that was meant for the headlight? I'm not sure the best way to resolve this without destroying a wiring harness.

Thoughts?

snirtman

The mirrors have green (turn), yellow (running light) and white (ground) wires. The DF harness has you extend a green wire for turn signal and add a pink (running light) and orange (ground).

Verify your connections match and you should be good to go.

Esstover

The mirrors have green (turn), yellow (running light) and white (ground) wires. The DF harness has you extend a green wire for turn signal and add a pink (running light) and orange (ground).

View attachment 40975

Verify your connections match and you should be good to go.
They match. I think it is somewhere else in my harness. Haven’t gone back to watch the videos to see where I may have mixed up. So both the Green and Orange on the harness side ring back to ground. I wouldn’t think I should have two ground? I’ve already heat shrinked the passenger side up so I can’t test it without taking it back apart.

Esstover

Been working on this a little. So I checked my headlight wiring and the passenger side again appears to be spot on. So whatever I screwed up on the drivers side blinker and park wiring I also did for the drivers side headlight. So it looks like this blinker wiring comes from BCM plug C1. I get continuity between my Green wire on the passenger side and PIN 17. When I check driverside green wire to PIN 35 I get nothing. so in the diagrams these are shown as D-BU and L-BU respectively. I don’t currently know where they change colors. According to the wiring diagram they previously wired thru plug C3 at the fuse box before going to the lights. Anyone know where at in the harness video that we touched and re-wired these? I found in Part 10 where we have the OG, GN, RD wires we tape up for the blinkers but I haven’t found how we got to those colors.
Photos attached of PIN out and diagram

Attachments

TravMac

I think the split for those wires ends up somewhere in the center tunnel area of the car by the shifter. I ran into something similar on mine, only it was flipped for headlight high beams and turn signals on both sides. I can't remember if the tunnel was where the original splice is, or if that's just where I fixed it having all the wires in one place for easy access.

Esstover

Figured it was worth owning my mistake here so hopefully someone else can learn. So back when working on my wiring harness there is a step that involves cutting the headlight plugs and extending the wires. Each headlight plug has something like a Blue, Green, Yellow, Tan. When you extend the wires the Blue should be changed to Green and the Green from the plug goes to White I believe. Apparently I got it right on the passenger side but on the drivers side I wired green to green and blue to white. That put the blinker wire up in the headlight wiring and not at the mirror blinker. I got pretty lucky at finding my splice point in the engine bay about half way between the fuse box and where it goes into the tunnel, so it wasn't a terrible place to have to cut and re-wire.

Esstover

New problem! Not 100% sure it’s tied to this but it is likely. So now when I push in the clutch and turn the key to ACC it tries to crank. The fuel pump doesn’t kick on. It doesn’t do it if I don’t have the clutch in. I’m a little unsure when and where I goofed. When working on the lights I would turn the key on but without the clutch pushed in. All the lights seem to function correct but I’ve done something else.

anyone have any thoughts?? I’ve been studying the wiring diagrams for a few days.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
Pushing in the clutch sends 12v to the crank relay coil side in the fuse box. The other side of that coil gets connected to ground when the PCM is told by the BCM that everything else is ready. For that to happen, the ignition switch would have to send the correct voltage to the BCM through the white wire in the ignition switch plug. Pin 6 should be 5v in to the switch and pin 5 should show 4.x volts in the run position and 3.x in the start position. I was able to back probe the ignition plug to verify voltages. This is where I'd start checking.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
Pull the crank relay and check voltages at pins 4, 5 and 6 with the key in the positions above.

For reference pin 2 = red w/ white, pin 3 = yellow, pin 4 = brown, pin 5 = white, pin 6 = white w/ black