Fenix's Goblin #461 - 2010 Base Auto

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Not much done today, got the hoses to the brake res installed and managed to pull the parking brake and accessories from the donor, feeling confident in getting the donor hauled off now. Waiting on df to ship more parts is a hard wait, and also waiting on stuff at powder coating. Im not going to rivet the tunnel cap, will figure something else out to make it easier to remove it if I ever need to
Rivnuts or just self tapping machine screws (if you're careful lol)

KSLunsfo

I opted to weld in M4 nuts into the inside of the tunnel (after opening the holes up a bit) as opposed to rivnuts. I chose that route due to the thickness of the rivnut flange that would add to the overall width of the tunnel (even though not by much). I didn't want to have trouble getting the tunnel cover on if the tunnel was suddenly too wide with the slight added thickness, maybe not a big concern though, I'm not perfectly sure...

Fenix Nexen

Putting the shifter on and the tunnel cap cover on, nothing bolting the cap on yet but the shifter is bolted on. The shifter goes through all the ranges except for L and I cant figure out how to fix it. I recorded a video to provide clarity:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Is the pattern P-R-N-D-3-2-1 on the shifter? If so, that's 7 positions and I see in your video, when shifting by hand, that you are only clicking into 6 positions. Or is the shifter pattern P-R-N-D-L2-L1 to correspond to the positions you are shifting into by hand?

Fenix Nexen

Is the pattern P-R-N-D-3-2-1 on the shifter? If so, that's 7 positions and I see in your video, when shifting by hand, that you are only clicking into 6 positions. Or is the shifter pattern P-R-N-D-L2-L1 to correspond to the positions you are shifting into by hand?
The pattern is P-R-N-D-I-L on the shifter

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
After looking at the video again, it might be the angle the shift cable is relative to the shifter arm, not having enough 'pull' to get into the forward most gear selection. Or the adjustment on the shifter cable may need to be adjusted to have more motion in the forward most gear?

Fenix Nexen

After looking at the video again, it might be the angle the shift cable is relative to the shifter arm, not having enough 'pull' to get into the forward most gear selection. Or the adjustment on the shifter cable may need to be adjusted to have more motion in the forward most gear?
It needs like 1/8th inch more of motion to reach L but I can't figure out how to adjust it. The shifter is physically pulled all the way in this case, so the adjustments need to be the cable

Fenix Nexen

So time is coming up for me to get rid of the donor shell but I am confused on how to do that. I need to register the kit car and I believe that requires me to keep the donor title? I am going through the Montana process. I don't know if the scrappers will want the title or if they can have it or how that process works? If someone could guide and fill me in that'd be swell

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
See if they will accept a copy of the title? If not, then make your carcass not a car. Sawzall can make quick work of that by cutting it into 2 or more large pieces - then it's just scrap metal.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Some states require the yard only to have a copy of the title, which is the case here in Illinois. When I went the Montana route, I ended up not needing it anyway.