Grants Full Cage Goblin - '06 LT NA Donor

RGSkid70

I think the original design for a manual shifter (using the donor's shifter) has a singles piece tunnel cap. The shifter cables back to the engine laid on top of the tunnel cap. The spacers were included in the parking brake kit to mount the parking brake handle and allow clearance underneath for the shifter cables. Spacers are not necessary if you're using the DF billet shifter, or, like me, you cut a hole in the tunnel cap to route the shifter cables thru the tunnel under the parking brake handle.

Ok thank you for the info. My tunnel cap where the parking brake handle goes has rivnuts and the machine screws don't have the same thread pitch as the rivnuts. I will do some more investigating with lining things up and such.

I'm continuing work on my car and I received most of the parts I have been waiting on from DF, but there seems to still be one on backorder. That is the mounting plate for the shift cables on the transmission side of the car. I want to try to make one myself but I am unsure about distances/dimensions. Does anyone else have any idea what the design dimensions are for the cable mount for an early model manual transmission? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to get my car driving asap. Thanks!

Interesting. See my problem is that when I use the stock cobalt mounting plate, the cables do not have enough range of motion to actually push and pull like they are supposed to, so would I have to fabricate a 3-inch spacing plate like you have done? I also do not have the extended frame nor do I have the F35 transmission like you do. I will also have to grind down the metal lobes on the shift arms as they contact my frame. I'll also add some photos so its easier to see visually whats going on.

IMG_1388.jpgIMG_1388.jpg

Ross

Goblin Guru
Does the other end of the cable (at the shifter) have a shorter distance from the pivot to the mount?
Have you adjusted the end of the cables at the shifter? I see you are maxed out here at the transmission.

I just checked and both ends of the shifter cables are the same length on both ends unfortunately. Also yes I adjusted the cables at the shifter end. Is the shifter plate that you have (the one you aren't using) the same for the F23 trans?

Ross

Goblin Guru
I doubt it, as looking at your transmission, the mounting bolts are at a different angle.

Gotcha, well thank you for the help! I know that RGSkid70 had the same issue with the shift lobes as I have so maybe he also has some info on how he hooked up his trans side shift cables.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
This is DF's bracket. I believe it should be included with the kit for an NA donor, but I'm speculating because I bought mine separately when I swapped from an F35 to an F23. I got an F35 bracket with my kit which I used for a year before swapping transmissions.

Ok gotcha, I think that is the one on backorder that I am waiting on, so I might try to use your pictures in the meantime to make one until I receive the one from DF. Thanks!