LSJ-T main/rod bearing selection

newbtrying

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this, so please feel free to talk to me like i don't know anything.

Here's the LSJ build: 11:1 compression ratio (RaceTec pistons), Ko4 turbo swap, 80# injectors, AEM high flow fuel pump, E85 conversion, ZZP stage 2 cams, 82# valve springs, ZZP neutral balance shafts, H-Beam connecting rods, 0.040" Cometic MLS head gasket, Cloyes timing chain and guide... and probably a handful of other things i'm forgetting...

Now the question: What rod/main bearings should I run? Clevite? King? please be specific because there are several models available and I don't know the difference between them all. Also, is there any merit in ordering undersized main bearings? Or do I need some measurements to decide this?

Thanks for any and all input. please be nice lol

jirwin

Goblin Guru
I used plastigauge to determine bearing clearance. Thankfully stock size was fine for me

duthehustle93

I'm more familiar with ACL but both brands you mentioned are well-known. If your crank doesn't require machining, then stock bearing size is likely the way to go but you need to plastigauge after install to verify. OEM vs. race bearings is a trade off of strength and embeddability. Based off your build, I'm guessing you'll want race bearings, but just be aware that you give up any forgiveness to contamination.