MX184's Roadster Bodied Track Goblin #311 Log

MX184

Finally got around installing suspension pieces today. Also started fooling around with the roadster body pieces, looks promising fitment wise but photos will have to wait on that a bit. But first two questions, How are people mounting aftermarket seats? And is the intake supposed to look like the picture or go under the overflow tank?

Mahkoi

Finally got around installing suspension pieces today. Also started fooling around with the roadster body pieces, looks promising fitment wise but photos will have to wait on that a bit. But first two questions, How are people mounting aftermarket seats? And is the intake supposed to look like the picture or go under the overflow tank?

View attachment 34956
I used the seat brackets from Planted. I had to make a spacer for the front otherwise they have about a half inch of play in the front. I made an aluminum block to take the slack out.
20220528_134753.jpg
20220529_155822.jpg

Mahkoi

I tapped mine and ran a bolt up from the bottom. I didn’t want to risk a spacer sliding out
Good point. I guess I should have clarified since you can't see it in the pics. It's not just crammed in there. I drilled a hole in the bracket and tapped the spacer so it could be held in place with a machine screw.

MX184

So as of wednesday the car was complete to DF specs. Its not tagged yet but I may try to sneak a trip around the block tomorrow morning just because. :)

I'm also probably going to pull the roadster body down out of the rafters tomorrow again to decide if I am going to pursue that project. I promise I'll post pictures of it tomorrow or monday with those body panels out on it.

Here's some photos of how it looked when I pulled it out of the garage for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_20220919_164447897_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220919_164435447_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220919_164501125_HDR.jpg

MX184

Ok so many pieces of lumber, some jackstands and praying that the wind didnt pick up, here is the car looks like with the thunder roadster body layed around it. Nothing lines up because I haven't tried to cut on anything to make it fit but you get the idea.

Kinda different and wild but is it worth going thru the extra effort? What do you all think?

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Do it! There's only two other Goblins I know of with full bodies (the RHD one Lonny mentioned that was built as a movie car, and Steve Sallenbach's), so it'd be cool to see another.

MX184

I'll probably to ahead and install the body next summer when it gets too hot to enjoy a roofless car here in Florida. But for this winter I'm going to work on getting it registered and driving the wheels off of it. Speaking of which, since I don't have a tag for it yet I took it yesterday to a regional SCCA autocross yesterday just so I could drive it for the first time and wound up winning novice class. o_O The car perfomed amazingly, did everything I asked of it and still wanted more.