parking brake switch location in BCM - 2008 SS

ColoradoCryptoTrader

anyone know where I can find this pin in the BCM?? I would like to tap into the wire and put to ground so I can calibrate my new brake switch.

I found info on a 2009 putting it in X1 pin 14. I think 2008 might be different. manual transmission also.

I really really really do not want to take the tunnel apart and look for it in the harness :(

Last edited:

Brett

My alldata subscription is only for a 2009 otherwise I would be able to look it up. However, looking at gmpartsonline.net, the BCM is the same part number for a 2008 vs a 2009. It should be the same pin.

I am guessing you saw my build thread post about this. I just used a paperclip that I shoved into the back side of pin 14 (believe it is a light blue wire) and put a jumper on it to the nearest ground. Followed the tech2 process and it calibrated.

ColoradoCryptoTrader

alright I think this is the right wire to use...this is the bottom horizontal connector off of the front of the BCM. can anyone confirm? thank you

the pinout chart I found has pin 6,7,8 as white and pin 13 as pink and pin 15 as yellow so this looks correct to me.

Last edited:

Brett

DTC = Diagnostic Trouble Code

If you change out the brake switch, then you need to recalibrate the bcm. This is done with a Tech2 (gm diagnostic tool) or one of the many aftermarket ones.

Note that you have to ground pin 14 in the x1 connector on the bcm for the calibration to complete successfully.