Supercharged or Turbocharged

Supercharged or Turbocharged

• Total voters

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Can anyone post links to videos where the sound of a Supercharged Goblin can be compared to a Turbocharged Goblin?

I added a poll up above.

Last edited:

Rauq

Goblin Guru
I'm torn between the intake noise of the supercharger and the exhaust noise of the turbo.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I guess I'm the odd duck here. The sound of a vehicle doesn't mean anything to me as long as it sounds like its running good and pretty much quite as it can reasonably be.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I don't care about exhaust noises unless it sounds like an angry bee in a tin can, get that **** out of here. Also, Ford V8 exhaust notes are nice.

I do enjoy turbo noises, however.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Actually, when I think Supercharged sound, this is what I hear in my head, video is something I shot a few years ago.

Holy smokes, there was a Citation X-11 in the first video (almost at the end) with a blower - guessing someone did a little reconfiguration of the drivetrain in that one! :D

JBINTX

Goblin Guru

mike_sno

Goblin Guru
Not sure which one of you this is but you're my hero. This is an LSJ with a TVS

Can‘t believe that you go over 100mph in your Goblin. If I get off throttle over 70mph mine is a hand full to keep on the road. But one step at a time, first I need to finish the harness, then the new engine, then the suspension.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Sounds like you have either the front end or backend (or both) going through a toe angle change accelerating versus decelerating. Typically when one end or the other goes toe out, and it doesn't take much at higher speeds, does a car feel squirrely. The change in pitch - nose up/rear down under acceleration or nose down/ rear up under deceleration - is the cause of the toe change. It may take some experimentation to determine which end is changing.
Other factors can be the tire pressures, the shock rebound settings, camber angle or even the front castor angle can contribute to this type of problem. Make small changes and see if it gets better or worse.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Alignment, suspension settings and tires pressure are key. Then you can start getting into aero.