Tuning for automatic 4T45E

Chris_WNC

I've recently swapped my stock donor LAP with a LDK/6758 combo. Donor was an NA Automatic car.

I'd like to tune the transmission so that I'm revving a little higher for longer. That turbo really likes being over 3k RPM. :D Currently the auto is doing its damnedest to keep the revs as low as possible. There are time when I think is should down shift and it holds 4th until I'm pretty much at WOT. Fun, but not practical.

Any tips, guides, or tunes you guys have to share with a noob?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
If you have HPT, contact them to find out if they have 4T45 tuning capability. I can't locate anything for performance tuning this transmission - lots of performance parts - but nothing to change programming with a cursory look through the web pages. Keep looking, you may come across something and might have better luck looking at European sites.

devianteng

I'm seeing several posts around 4T45E tuning on the HPT and CSS forums. Doubt you'll be able to do anything with buying a MPVI interface, but once you have that you should be able to log and see things like shift times and shift pressures:

If you want to find someone to help you with remote tuning, I'd ask around in the Cobalt Facebook groups and see who has experience doing so. You'll still need a MPVI to flash the tunes, though.