Mahkoi's new project.

Mahkoi

The wife's first car was one of those 80's rangers too. That's why she wanted this. I'm sure some of the guys on the forum who lived out in the Sumner area of Washington about 15yrs ago saw it....it's hard to miss a ranger with pink and purple flames on it.

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Im surprised its rust free as its one thing they're known for...besides getting stuck in electronic 4wheel drive.

Mahkoi

Im surprised its rust free as its one thing they're known for...besides getting stuck in electronic 4wheel drive.

Yeah it's better than expected. This is the only body rust on it and if you ignore all the orange southern dirt on it the frame is pretty clean too

20231010_092028.jpg
20231010_092035.jpg

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Yeah it's better than expected. This is the only body rust on it and if you ignore all the orange southern dirt on it the frame is pretty clean too
I think Farrah Fawcett drove one in Charlie's Angels. All kinds of stars did all kinds of race car driving too back in the 70's and 80's! I think it was Jaclyn Smith that kicked everybody's a55 in Toyotas. Plus she was HAWT!(Gee I'm old.)

Mahkoi

Not going to update this like a build log but this was interesting. My wife bought the Bronco II knowing the motor was locked up. One thing that bothered me was the seller said the trans was rebuilt then the motor locked up shortly after. Anyway I found coolant in cyl#2 from a bad intake gasket. Pulled both heads and still couldn't bar the engine over. So, I figured something broke in the bottom end from it hydrolocking. Decided to pull the engine and as soon as it came out the motor turned over freely. Took a closer look and a trans bellhousing bolt had backed out and jammed into the torque converter. I'm gonna clean it up, throw new gaskets at it, new lifters and see how it runs. I'm debating on going through the trans because I don't have a lot of confidence on that trans rebuild now. Anyway, thought it was a different and not super common cause of a locked up engine that some of you might find interesting.
20231107_195924.jpg
20231107_195911.jpg