Rear wing Uprights

ATMironov

I need to redesign and fabricate new uprights for the rear wing that are much taller to get the wing up to the roof line. Anyone have a suggestion on a company or person to work with on this?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Fusion 360 has a pretty big learning curve, as it is a full CAD program. You might want to research a light weight CAD program to start with.

ATMironov

Anyone care to vote on which one you like best? Or give me other suggestions??
I don't have a problem making the uprights functional, but adding a nice aesthetic flare isn't my strong suite.

Uprights.jpg

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Another vote for using SendCutSend. I use them for some of the parts we use for our combat robots. Upload DXF, give them money, and parts show up a week two later.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
I assume this is something where steel is required? Asking because I plan on doing this myself eventually.

Sebnuts

I've used sendcutsend. Quality is good and it's easy to use. Prices are pretty high but that's to be expected on low volume stuff like this.

TravMac

G or F will probably work best for you for adjusting. The rear corner edge of the other designs may hit your wing if you're running something with low profile mounts and wanting 0° aoa as your lowest possible setting. I did lots of trimming to achieve that on the DF mounts... Ha!

The crosses look cool, but probably not doing much for structure. I built something similar for suspension once and buckled the centers. The redesign ditched the bracing in the center, leaving the larger open holes. Maybe something to consider, and I think would look even better! No harm in mocking it up to see what you think.

The thin support of the 8 may also be something to consider structurally with G. Could change font to support the center more.

ATMironov

G or F will probably work best for you for adjusting. The rear corner edge of the other designs may hit your wing if you're running something with low profile mounts and wanting 0° aoa as your lowest possible setting. I did lots of trimming to achieve that on the DF mounts... Ha!

The crosses look cool, but probably not doing much for structure. I built something similar for suspension once and buckled the centers. The redesign ditched the bracing in the center, leaving the larger open holes. Maybe something to consider, and I think would look even better! No harm in mocking it up to see what you think.

The thin support of the 8 may also be something to consider structurally with G. Could change font to support the center more.
Here are some with out the X braces.
I just order a MDF version of "A". Going to mock it up before I make my final decision.

ATMironov

Drawn Sunday, ordered Monday delivered Thursday. Now to get them mocked up and see what needs to be tweaked.
I didn’t realize that the numbers are mirrored on the other side. It’s cheaper to order two pieces of the same cut then two different cuts, so I think I’m going to find a different font 2 that looks more like a Z so it looks the same front and back like the 8 and 0

ATMironov

I snuck a hour in to mock up the wing.
Its sitting about an inch above the rake line of the roof which will give it lots of clean air.
It does look comically high though. I posted these photos on FB and everyone says to keep it.
It does need some small tweaks, but I think I can get away with out another sample.
IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

Esstover

Its about 31" Tall
Did you get the final version of this cut and installed? I'm really interested in doing something similar. Would you care to share your CAD file? Would like to see final product too if you have a picture.

Did you go 60" on the wing? do you think that is to much?