Anyone with 06 supercharged donor?

Josh's09

Hey! Working to try and help someone tie up some loose ends on their build. They have 2 handfulls of connections remaining and wondering if someone with an 06 SS could help me find homes for the remaining wires.

Also, that wire bundle (picture with 7+ wires) coming out of the fuse block, shouldn't be like that, right?

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
"Also, that wire bundle (picture with 7+ wires) coming out of the fuse block, shouldn't be like that, right?"
Right. Shouldn't be like that.

Pic 2: Bosch intercooler pump connector?
Pic 7 & 13: Fan. Either the big radiator fan, or the little AC fan that is also on the radiator.
My 2006 LSJ electrical harness videos here.
There is some "Electrical Diagrams" info here.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Hey! Working to try and help someone tie up some loose ends on their build. They have 2 handfulls of connections remaining and wondering if someone with an 06 SS could help me find homes for the remaining wires.

Also, that wire bundle (picture with 7+ wires) coming out of the fuse block, shouldn't be like that, right?
Pic w/7 wires, where exactly is that mess at? under the fuse block?
#4 the white oval is the oil pressure sender between the knock sensor and the crank sensor on the side of the motor towards the flywheel end above the starter.
When you actually touch this car send each pic of a connector separately with a number you can ID it with. Makes it easier for me to tell what each is. Show the plug end and the wire colors running to it. I'm pretty sure these are the owner guy's pix? I need each numbered so I can tell you where they go.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
The last photo (14th picture) is the shift cable ends. Two more of the ball connectors should go on there. See photo w/ instructions link below.
The next to last (13th pic) is a fan plug, cut it out.
3rd from last (FL) (12th pic) is coolant passages. The one you are touching loops to the one on the right facing at you.
4th FL (11th) is a plug either right above or below the starter.
5th FL (10th) plugs into the turn signal stock or the key presence (anti theft?) box near the steering column.
6th FL (9th) are you showing the coolant reservoir? If so, it connect to the coolant port just to the left of the one you are touching in 3FL (12th pic).
7th FL (8th pic) not sure what your showing. If it’s the coolant port then it connects to the coolant coming out of the RH frame. If it’s the wire then I think that connects to the Temp sensor right by the coolant port coming from the head.

Last edited:

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
8th From Last (FL) (7th pic) is a fan plug that you can cut out.
9th FL (6th) are you showing the nipple on the fuel tank? It connects to the small port coming of the Cobalt fuel cap connector but needs a T in line for a roll over vent that runs down past the frame by 1/2 inch.
10th FL (5th) - goes to the brake booster via some nylon tubing. You have to connect it somehow, the instructions use a small bit of hose but others have come up with better solutions.
11th FL (4th) not sure on this plug
12th FL (3rd) WHOA! What is that mess! How many connectors to the ECM do you have. There should be 3. A blue one and two black ones. One black one has a grey lock tab on it.
13th FL (2nd) heat exchanger pump connector in the middle. Can’t tell on the connectors on the left by your hand.
14th FL (1st pic) not sure on all that either

For the plugs still in question: Post them individually with number of wires coming out and colors of said wires.

Last edited:

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
This connector goes to the coolant reservoir tank to monitor if you get low.
IMG_2054.jpeg

This is the shift cable ends. There are step by step instructions somewhere on the forum. Are you using the stock shifter assembly, the group buy or DF Upgrade shifter assembly? The instructions work for the Stock (trash!) unit and the Group Buy shifter. Not sure if it works on the DF Upgrade unit.
IMG_2053.jpeg

Edit: instructions here:

Last edited:

Josh's09

Thank you all so much! I haven't been on here since I posted but I am going through all the comments now! appreciate all the input!

Josh's09

8th From Last (FL) (7th pic) is a fan plug that you can cut out.
9th FL (6th) are you showing the nipple on the fuel tank? It connects to the small port coming of the Cobalt fuel cap connector but needs a T in line for a roll over vent that runs down past the frame by 1/2 inch.
10th FL (5th) - goes to the brake booster via some nylon tubing. You have to connect it somehow, the instructions use a small bit of hose but others have come up with better solutions.
11th FL (4th) not sure on this plug
12th FL (3rd) WHOA! What is that mess! How many connectors to the ECM do you have. There should be 3. A blue one and two black ones. One black one
13th FL (2nd) heat exchanger pump connector in the middle. Can’t tell on the connectors on the left by your hand.
14th FL (1st pic) not sure on all that either

For the plugs still in question: Post them individually with number of wires coming out and colors of said wires.

WOW!!! Thank you SO much! This answered so many questions! It's definitely going to get this guy a MAJOR head start! I owe you a beer if I ever meet you!

Josh's09

Can someone pinpoint if these are needed? 2 of the same wires. Potentially old fog lights? It was off an SS.

It has black and purple wires with no numbers on the wiring

Attachments

Josh's09

Also, right up front by the blinker there are these 3 remaining wires.

Keep in mind, 2 people worked on this wiring kit and neither of them knew this was going to a df goblin.

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
Can someone pinpoint if these are needed? 2 of the same wires. Potentially old fog lights? It was off an SS.

It has black and purple wires with no numbers on the wiring
That purple wire is the same one Lonny kept as an auxilliary power source. It will have to be turned back on every time the car is turned off and will loose power when the headlights are put on bright.
Those 3 connectors look like the steering column stuff. Clockspring connector? Boost gauge? more in this video.

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
The car should run without the clockspring connector, it has your horn wires on it. The boost gauge is just info. That last one is maybe the windshield wipers, or the PK3+ security. You need the PK3+ key security working to start the car. I can't tell from your pic and my video which one it is.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
If they connect into the turn signal or key switch, then yes you need them. The boost gauge you do not. I have a mechanical one with that plug just behind the dash and it fires just fine.